Royal owes me $1K..says it's issued back to CC but it's not

abisha

Sorry to hear this has happened to you, but after our last Royal cruise I'm not surprised. They are by far the most incompetent cruise line we've ever sailed. Actually, they are the only incompetent cruise line we've ever sailed.

We ended up at guest services with a financial issue 4 times on our last cruise. Tomorrow I have to call, hope the problem is resolved faster than yours but am not hopeful.

Good luck to the both of us :/

Oh, yes, they said the refund was rejected .... I followed up, well, as it turns out it had nothing to do with the cc company rejecting it .... apparently it is something in their system. So after first call, they said we will try again, give us 3-5 business days .... followed up again today .... guess what, they admitted the second call resulted in no follow-up whatsoever (at least they admitted it.) Said no one ever sent the request thru a second time ..... so frustrated!!! They promised to get back with me within 48 hours to let me know the progress. I also sent a litter to the CA department .... sounds like that won't get much action either..... REALLY, REALLY DISAPPOINTED IN RCCL.

Had an issue with Celebrity last year...got a call from a "big-wigs" assistant ... took care of problem .... immediately credited the $$$ .... and sent me a letter of credit for $300 for my inconvenience. Really wondering why I booked with RCCL and didn't stay with favorite, Celebrity!!! Lesson learned (as I rebooked with TA for same cruise ... with a better deal.)

Sorry to hear this has happened to you, but after our last Royal cruise I'm not surprised. They are by far the most incompetent cruise line we've ever sailed. Actually, they are the only incompetent cruise line we've ever sailed.

We ended up at guest services with a financial issue 4 times on our last cruise. Tomorrow I have to call, hope the problem is resolved faster than yours but am not hopeful.

Good luck to the both of us :/

Sorry to hear that you are having an issue as well. So far, I have no other update. I did hear from "Nelson" again. This time, he did say he had information in his system he was "looking at" that did specify "proof" that funds were disbursed to my credit card. I asked if that info could be forwarded to me to pass along to my credit card company, but then he said he was not able to do that! What?!!!! Wait a minute! I have been fighting to get this so called "proof" and now I am being told I cannot get it. UGH!! He needs to speak directly to someone at my card company. Yes, I agree, then call my card company. But no, they cannot do that. I have to be the one to get them on the phone, but when we try, the person I am to reach is either busy, not there, etc. When I do get in touch with that person, I cannot get in touch with the contact at Royal. It's really a never ending battle. I am losing hope and starting to think I will never get my money. :(

Oh, yes, they said the refund was rejected .... I followed up, well, as it turns out it had nothing to do with the cc company rejecting it .... apparently it is something in their system. So after first call, they said we will try again, give us 3-5 business days .... followed up again today .... guess what, they admitted the second call resulted in no follow-up whatsoever (at least they admitted it.) Said no one ever sent the request thru a second time ..... so frustrated!!! They promised to get back with me within 48 hours to let me know the progress. I also sent a litter to the CA department .... sounds like that won't get much action either..... REALLY, REALLY DISAPPOINTED IN RCCL.

Had an issue with Celebrity last year...got a call from a "big-wigs" assistant ... took care of problem .... immediately credited the $$$ .... and sent me a letter of credit for $300 for my inconvenience. Really wondering why I booked with RCCL and didn't stay with favorite, Celebrity!!! Lesson learned (as I rebooked with TA for same cruise ... with a better deal.)

So sorry for you too. I don't think I will cruise with Royal again due to their customer service not really doing enough to help me. I am really only going on Allure to experience the "Big Ship" and take my kids on it for the college grad gifts. I am not saying it won't be a good cruise or it's a bad line. I'm sure our cruise experience will be wonderful. However, my preference is really Princess (and I also do like Carnival due to the price).

Anyways, let's see how we all make out.

Call your credit card company and ask to file a dispute for credit not received. You will need to complete some paperwork. I would suggest typing out everything you have attempted and who you spoke to. Your credit card company will work on your behalf to resolve the issue.

He needs to speak directly to someone at my card company. Yes, I agree, then call my card company. But no, they cannot do that. I have to be the one to get them on the phone, but when we try, the person I am to reach is either busy, not there, etc. When I do get in touch with that person, I cannot get in touch with the contact at Royal. It's really a never ending battle. I am losing hope and starting to think I will never get my money. :(

Don't do it; don't give up.

This sounds like my saga with an ambulance company that offered a $70 discount then randomly took it away. ALL I ever wanted to know was "why", and it took nearly a year.

Ambulance people needed to talk to insurance through me, but "couldn't wait on hold all that time, I have a job to do". So I would get a good person on the phone with insurance who could hold for a bit, and then ambulance people were never available. And the ONE person who was handling my account was on sabbatical or something like that for months.

At the end, they finally gave in and just gave me the discount again, and at the same time I found someone at insurance who realized that they had coded it wrong to begin with b/c it was the first thing that hit insurance; they coded it as non-emergent, but it WAS an emergency, and I ended up with a check from the ambulance company and a fat check from insurance as well. (we had a high deductible at the time so reimbursements came to me)

I don't mean to go on about my situation, but just keep on going. You'll get there.

So sorry you are not only currently out the funds, but experiencing the stress and frustration. It can be soooo aggravating when you feel like you are dealing with "virtual" people who make promises they don't keep.(I had a problem with AT&T at work, too long to go into but it took me over 40 working hours over 3 weeks and 20 phone calls until it was favorably resolved. Worst experience in my 40 years of working).

This type of situation is one reason why I use one of my American Express cards whenever I make a large purchase (especially one that I could possibly cancel or return) as their customer service is terrific and their customers come first.

I don't know that Royal's customer service is any better or worse than the other lines. I think youn eed to be lucky with who deals with your situation. The only time I had a cruise line make a financial mistake (and it wasn't RCCL) it was in my favor. They had screwed up applying the gift card that our daughter gave us to our onboard account and somehow they debited a portion of it. In reversing the debit they must have also reversed the wine package we purchased as it never showed up on our account! The free wine made up for the lackluster food in the MDR on that trip!.

yes, I do have the credit card company working for me as far as filing a "dispute of funds never received", etc. They are going to send me a letter that I can send to Royal and in the meantime will still continue to work on it (with Royal). They did tell me like anything else it could take awhile. Fortunately, I have a specific manager's name, phone #, email address, and even his work hours!

So sorry you're going through this and I hope you get it resolved soon. As frustrating and time consuming as it is, I would continue to pursue it. I have had issues with Dr's offices and health insurance that were MUCH less money that I stayed after until resolution because at some point it becomes a "principle of the matter" situation. Although in this case it's definitely a lot of money!

• 4 weeks later...

I am reporting back with good news! While I was on my cruise, I received an email from my credit card company that the refund of $1,000 PLUS all of the interest was being credited back to my card. I checked my statement and there it was! YAY!

I am reporting back with good news! While I was on my cruise, I received an email from my credit card company that the refund of $1,000 PLUS all of the interest was being credited back to my card. I checked my statement and there it was! YAY!

Awesome news and a huge relief to you. Thanks for reporting back.