A confusing one - Old MSC Club question :confused:

mairead224

Hi,

Was onto MSC and apparently I am still a classic member and my husband is a silver member.

Looking through old emails we gained 4 points each when we joined. Since then we took 2 7 night cruises with MSC with onboard spending E836 on first cruise and E1211 on 2nd cruise.

Apparently my husband points are at 24 and I am at 11 which surely cant be right??

I do understand that as we used his CC to pay onboard spends that he accrues those points but as far as I can see they did not add points on for my second trip?

any help at all would be great as we are going on out third trip soon and would like this rectified if necessary before we travel.

Hi,

Was onto MSC and apparently I am still a classic member and my husband is a silver member.

Looking through old emails we gained 4 points each when we joined. Since then we took 2 7 night cruises with MSC with onboard spending E836 on first cruise and E1211 on 2nd cruise.

Apparently my husband points are at 24 and I am at 11 which surely cant be right??

I do understand that as we used his CC to pay onboard spends that he accrues those points but as far as I can see they did not add points on for my second trip?

any help at all would be great as we are going on out third trip soon and would like this rectified if necessary before we travel.

That's not right, you should both have the same level of membership.

I'm afraid you're not quite right in your assertion.

Your husband should have 14 nights points + 4 bonus points = 18 points and then have revenue points as well. So he is probably at the correct level of 24 points . (6 revenue points added to the 18 ) Which is SILVER

You should have 14 nights points + 4 bonus points = 18 points . You won't have any revenue points unless you paid your account separately to your husband, this would make you CLASSIC

Under the new system you points will be

2400 for you husband

1800 for yourself.

Points ae added about 2 weeks after your cruise

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I've just noticed in your OP that you give your husbands spend

so he should have points as follows

Nights on board = 14

revenue spend = 10 (4 + 6)

bonus points = 4

TOTAL = 28 (2800 in the new system)

Looks like he's missing the 4 points for the €836 spend

THe points required for SILVER is 22 (2200), GOLD is 43 (4300), BLACK is 100 (10000)

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Sorry for invading this topic but since I can't get any info from my country's MSC site ( Portugal), where could we get info about our MSC Club status?

We have 2 cruises before (7 + 10 nights) and will start a 7 night next Friday.

Thank you.

Sorry for invading this topic but since I can't get any info from my country's MSC site ( Portugal), where could we get info about our MSC Club status?

We have 2 cruises before (7 + 10 nights) and will start a 7 night next Friday.

Thank you.

I assume you are registered and have a membership number. If you haven't registered you will need to do so as there is no automatic registration.

You can use any regions web site.

I just tried the UK and USA sites and was able to log in to both . So here are the links to both those sites for you to try, just use the Login to voyages club area button and sign in with your membership number.

USA

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Voyagers-Club-Area.aspx

UK

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Voyagers-Club-Area.aspx

Pete

Edited by Skier52