Kindle Audible Books

MeredithNC

I don't have an answer for the ship, but if you download the audio for the books ahead of time I think they should work without wifi as the audio is on the tablet. Try downloading the audio then turning wifi off on the Kindle so that it's not connecting to anything as a test.

I agree, WiFi shouldn't be a requirement. We just drove cross country and downloaded 3-4 to my IPhone. We had no issue even when we had no cel signal.

As suggested, put your device in Airplane mode and see if one you have will work.

Don't know about Audible but I've downloaded audible books from our library. Listened to them offline with no issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It just dawned on me that you might be saving them to the Cloud. When I download TV shows to my IPad to watch on the airplane (just download 4 episodes of The Americans for a Friday flight) I always make sure they are saved to my IPad and not sitting on the Cloud.

I got burned once before I figured that out and was on a flight where I couldn't watch my movie because it was in the Cloud.

It just dawned on me that you might be saving them to the Cloud. When I download TV shows to my IPad to watch on the airplane (just download 4 episodes of The Americans for a Friday flight) I always make sure they are saved to my IPad and not sitting on the Cloud.

I got burned once before I figured that out and was on a flight where I couldn't watch my movie because it was in the Cloud.

Ironic, since on your flight, you were actually in the clouds too. ;)