Private tables in MDR

Just curious. I called Carnival to link my bookings for my husband and I and our friends' cruise so we could eat together at the same table in the MDR. I asked if she could make it a table for four or if I'd have to see the maitre d. She couldn't do a private table, but I swear I've had luck doing this over the phone before. Does it just depend on which PVP you get when you call?

Just curious. I called Carnival to link my bookings for my husband and I and our friends' cruise so we could eat together at the same table in the MDR. I asked if she could make it a table for four or if I'd have to see the maitre d. She couldn't do a private table, but I swear I've had luck doing this over the phone before. Does it just depend on which PVP you get when you call?

Most of the ships have 4 tops so what I would do is go YTD and request a private table for 4 every night.

Most of the ships have 4 tops so what I would do is go YTD and request a private table for 4 every night.

I've had the same problem pre-cruise trying to get this set. They always refer me to the Maitre d. We make it our first stop as soon as we get on the ship to see him and get those requests in, and we've never had a problem when it's done that way.

DH and I tried YTD once and didn't like it. We are back to doing early dining. Did a cruise on the Valor in January with my parents and we were seated together at a 4 top. And I'm pretty sure I called to make that request. Was just wondering if it is the luck of the draw when you call Carnival as to what answer you'll get.

I've had the same problem pre-cruise trying to get this set. They always refer me to the Maitre d. We make it our first stop as soon as we get on the ship to see him and get those requests in, and we've never had a problem when it's done that way.

Maybe I'll just email the maitre d. I see a thread on here with the cruise codes for the email for the maitre d. I think I did that in the past on our honeymoon cruise to get a private table for two and that worked out.

Carnival doesn't guarantee table size. The best they'll do is what selection for time that you want either early, late or ATD. The normal route is via the maitre'd upon embarkation. It's possible you may be assigned a 4 top but you wouldn't know until you are onboard and can check out your table number. If you e-mail the maitre'd you can request a 4 top but it's not guaranteed that will happen and the maitre'd is not required to respond to email's.

I've emailed the maitre d' every year, for the past 5 or 6 years, before our annual cruise, and requests have always been granted. 3 different ships and success every time. I know they are not required to respond to email, but I've always received a cordial reply back. Enjoy your cruise! ;)

Can someone tell me the email for the Maitre d on Carnival Miracle? I'd like to request a private table for my husband + I since we are celebrating our honeymoon.

:)

I have found the email information. Please no one attack me telling me to read other threads. haha