Anyone get married on the Gem?

NJCruzer82

Hello!

Has anyone here been married onboard the Gem? Something we were looking at and would love to hear some feedback from anyone who has recently done it. How was your experience? How helpful were the guest services team with planning/executing everything? Did you enjoy it and were you happy with going this route rather than a "traditional" wedding? Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

My wedding was on the Dawn 4 years ago, but the review link is in my signature if you are interested. We are not big wedding type people, but felt we needed some sort of ceremony, so this was just perfect for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello!

Has anyone here been married onboard the Gem? Something we were looking at and would love to hear some feedback from anyone who has recently done it. How was your experience? How helpful were the guest services team with planning/executing everything? Did you enjoy it and were you happy with going this route rather than a "traditional" wedding? Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!

I got married on the Gem in Nov 2012.

It was the perfect wedding for me and am so glad that this is what I chose. Mine is probably different from many as it was just the two of us and our parents so 6 in total.

We stayed in the Garden Villa and had the ceremony in the beautiful outdoor space.

Please feel free to ask any questions or let me know if you would like to see any pics. :)

BTW....Congratulations!!!!!!

Hi Chellebells,

Not to hijack someone else's thread but we're getting married on the Escape this summer with a small party similar to yours. I'm curious how you handled the ceremony since there aren't enough people to perform the cookie-cutter ceremony that Royal Ocean Events performs. We're filling out the paperwork now and not quite sure what to request.

NJ Cruzer,

We're in the process of organizing the paperwork required so if there's one thing I could offer its start your arrangements EARLY. You really need to have all of your paperwork completed 75 days before your sailing. I'm going to post the details of what we had to go through (we're not done) but keep in mind for a Bahamas wedding you're going to have to provide notarized affidavits of being single, copies of certified divorce decree(s) if ever married, and those will need to be accompanied by Apostille letters which in and of itself is a huge PITA... You'll want to get doubles of everything because you'll have to send the originals to the Bahamas government.. And you won't get them back according to our wedding coordinator. If you don't get your Apostille letters returned in time you have to go in person with certified / notarized copies of documents to your Secretary of State to get the Apostille and you both must be present. It's a huge undertaking but possible.. If you're getting married at port then it's a whole lot simpler.

-Keith

Hi Chellebells,

Not to hijack someone else's thread but we're getting married on the Escape this summer with a small party similar to yours. I'm curious how you handled the ceremony since there aren't enough people to perform the cookie-cutter ceremony that Royal Ocean Events performs. We're filling out the paperwork now and not quite sure what to request.

We had an embarkation day ceremony, small and intimate.

We were the first to board the ship and they had already had the ceremony area set up. I had them hook up my ipad to the speakers for the music. The crew love weddings!

We met the officiant and then left to go get ready. When it was time I walked down the staircase where my dad met me to walk me the rest of the way to the officiant and my husband. The mothers were seated and several crew members were watching from inside. :)

After the ceremony the wedding coordinator poured champagne and brought the cake out. Short, sweet and perfect!

I had picked the smallest, simplest wedding package. It consisted of the officiant, coordinator, boutennaire, decorations, bouquet, champagne, cake and music.

My only regret was I did not spend extra for a photographer.

[img]<a href=

photo-5_zpse75f851a.jpg' alt='photo-5_zp[/img]

We had an embarkation day ceremony, small and intimate.

We were the first to board the ship and they had already had the ceremony area set up. I had them hook up my ipad to the speakers for the music. The crew love weddings!

We met the officiant and then left to go get ready. When it was time I walked down the staircase where my dad met me to walk me the rest of the way to the officiant and my husband. The mothers were seated and several crew members were watching from inside. :)

After the ceremony the wedding coordinator poured champagne and brought the cake out. Short, sweet and perfect!

I had picked the smallest, simplest wedding package. It consisted of the officiant, coordinator, boutennaire, decorations, bouquet, champagne, cake and music.

My only regret was I did not spend extra for a photographer.

p><p>Thanks, that

(And BTW, smart having it done in the US! The process to get it done at sea is nothing short of a nightmare!)

-Keith

My dad did walk me down the aisle, the other three stood up as we came down. No ring bearer or maid of honor. Had the toast, garter cutting of the cake etc.

The wedding coordinator provides a schedule of expected events and reminds you so you do not forget to do any of them lol.