Anthem of the Seas - 5-night Bermuda Inaugural - LIVE-ISH Blog!

I believe you have to pay for room service drinks regardless of whether you have a package or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Alcoholic, that is*

Guest maddycat
Solarium Bistro is still there and open to everyone, but it appears to be mostly another buffet option on this ship. Breakfast there is a buffet, and when I walked by at about 5:30 or 6:00pm today it was also set up as a buffet for dinner, from the looks of it.

For dinner in the Solarium Bistro there is a buffet for appetizers, salads and desserts. You order your entree from your waiter who serves it to you at your table.

Thanks so much for the compasses! Hopefully the *show-shifting* is just because it's the first 5-day to Bermuda and they get it worked out before we board in August ;)

BTW ... I'm totally LOVING your posts with awesome pictures ... so now I'm addicted to this thread and can't get enough :p

I can't find where he posted the compasses...can you tell me where they are?

Yes, the access codes are inside the envelopes in your stateroom. I would also recommend you take a picture of the code or write it down, so that you have it with you. We found that the connection reset at random intervals and you have to log in again with the code.

good point!! thank you

and many thanks for all the pictures you have taken. such a great review!!!

Thank you so much for your AWESOME review Kyle.... I have been glued to this thread throughout your cruise so far ! :)

Is your balcony spacious? I saw your pics, but didn't get a feel for how large the balcony was. Thanks :)

Thank YOU for following along! It has been a lot of fun sharing. Here's a pano of the balcony. It is very spacious! Two chairs with ottomans and a small side table, and plenty of room to spare.

A2D68910-D2CD-44AD-BEA4-9B36140873DE_zpsunkullg3.jpg

For dinner in the Solarium Bistro there is a buffet for appetizers, salads and desserts. You order your entree from your waiter who serves it to you at your table.

Ahh ok thanks for that!

Should have waited until the last day to buy my mug. I paid $12 for the same one!

They did the same thing on my March 19 cruise, in the store at full price until the last day then on the discount table out front on the last day.

Some random "around the ship" pictures as I sit in Boleros sipping a margarita :)

Royal Theater:

E7F8283B-69A6-4233-980E-46790FA20D85_zpsgzju9gwb.jpg

Heartbeat chandelier overlooking the Esplanade. That thing is awesome. Seeing people's expressions when they realize what it is, is priceless.

E962FFEC-1A29-48D8-848F-BBE8167AF5DB_zpsx5c388jt.jpg

I love this piece. The gems sparkle every time an elevator passes.

FA546831-C9AB-4A81-AA3F-1496DE2DA7A1_zpscgnm5v1l.jpg

The approach to The Via:

81EED7ED-6C4C-4C65-948E-817229C62EC0_zpsfbwnlrqg.jpg

Vintages, in The Via. A really nice venue:

9BE44FEF-E7BA-4B42-B2F1-57E4DA8DE0FB_zpsjtbearp3.jpg

Forgot to post this at the beginning of the trip. New cups for those who purchase the drink packages. Have seen some of the old ones too so it would appear they are in the midst of transitioning to the new ones. Flatter, thinner plastic material. Doesn't have the clear layer on the outside that gave the art on the sides of the cup some depth. Bigger though. In my opinion, not an improvement on the old ones...

17791A11-E83F-4362-B2DB-652E1BA3C4DC_zps4wl7mfmj.jpg

72AE3515-22C4-4E8D-BA04-18EBA2852F73_zps6xvr3dvw.jpg

Forgot to post this at the beginning of the trip. New cups for those who purchase the drink packages. Have seen some of the old ones too so it would appear they are in the midst of transitioning to the new ones. Flatter, thinner plastic material. Doesn't have the clear layer on the outside that gave the art on the sides of the cup some depth. Bigger though. In my opinion, not an improvement on the old ones...

Yea, I would have preferred a cup with handle.

Thank you for the wonderful blow by blow trip. We board as you leave the ship tomorrow. If we have issues, we know who to blame. ;-)

Our anticipation was appeased by your information.

Wow. Thank you for one of the most perfect reviews I've ever read! We leave 6/11. I got all caught up in your pictures! All beautiful. This is the first time we will only be in Bermuda for only one night. We usually go on the Summit or the Gem which both stay for 2 nights/3 days. What was your sequence while the ship was in port? I saw that you went to Horseshoe by jitney and Hamilton, returning by ferry. Was that the same day? Did you do that the first day or the second? Loved that you went to the night party at snorkel park! We have done that but never seen crew. So nice of Royal to give them off. Fun! What did you do on the second day in Bermuda? How early did you have to be back on the ship before it left Bermuda?

Edited by mamagina

Good morning all. It's a sad day, saying goodbye to your new favorite ship! :(

We decided to walk off with our luggage, but not at the 7:15-7:45 window. Our train is not until 12:30pm, so our plan is to wait until they kick us out :rolleyes:

When we went down for breakfast in Two70 at 8:10, they had not yet released any luggage numbers to go ashore, something about the port facility being super-busy and not permitting the ship to debark. Self assist did get off, because I saw them on the gangway from our balcony.

Anyway, because no one could leave, it was packed wall-to-wall people from the Esplanade all the way through the Via.

We fought our way through and had a nice breakfast sitting in Two70, enjoying it for the last time this trip. They finally started releasing groups to go ashore at 8:30.

Speaking of Two70, we saw Spectra's Cabaret last night, wow! It was a great show and really showed off the versatility of that space. It is definitely a must see!

Edited by CapitalKyle

Thank you for the wonderful blow by blow trip. We board as you leave the ship tomorrow. If we have issues, we know who to blame. ;-)

Our anticipation was appeased by your information.

Thank you for following along :) We left the ship in great shape for you :D

Wow. Thank you for one of the most perfect reviews I've ever read! We leave 6/11. I got all caught up in your pictures! All beautiful. This is the first time we will only be in Bermuda for only one night. We usually go on the Summit or the Gem which both stay for 2 nights/3 days. What was your sequence while the ship was in port? I saw that you went to Horseshoe by jitney and Hamilton, returning by ferry. Was that the same day? Did you do that the first day or the second? Loved that you went to the night party at snorkel park! We have done that but never seen crew. So nice of Royal to give them off. Fun! What did you do on the second day in Bermuda? How early did you have to be back on the ship before it left Bermuda?

Thank you so much for those kind words, I'm flattered!

We did do all of those things that you mentioned on Day 1. Jitney to Horseshoe, cab from there to Hamilton, then ferry back to Dockyard. Day 2 we had every intention of doing Gibbs Hill Lighthouse and Crystal Caves, but after our time at Horseshoe we just decided to take the jitney right back there for the day! We cabbed back to Dockyard then went to the ClockTower Mall to do some shopping before being back onboard for departure. All-aboard was 4:30pm for a 5:00pm departure.

One thing to note is that the ship put the clocks forward 1 hour on the first sea day and went 1 hour back on the last sea day back to Bayonne.

What time do you have to be out of your cabin on debarkation day? We usually do self assist and try get off the ship as soon as released by customs (to start are long drive home). For our upcoming Anthem, we are staying in NYC a few days afterwards and will not be in a hurry.

And thanks so much for your great review!

Also, I had read on CruiseCritic about changes to the bus system, and that single trip tickets or tokens will not be available at the Dockyard. The posts indicated that they would be offering single day passes only. However, based on your post earlier, it does not appear this has been implemented. Did you hear any info on this?

Edited by mpcaruth

What time do you have to be out of your cabin on debarkation day? We usually do self assist and try get off the ship as soon as released by customs (to start are long drive home). For our upcoming Anthem, we are staying in NYC a few days afterwards and will not be in a hurry.

Also, I had read on CruiseCritic about changes to the bus system, and that single trip tickets or tokens will not be available at the Dockyard. The posts indicated that they would be offering single day passes only. However, based on your post earlier, it does not appear this has been implemented. Did you hear any info on this?

They like cabins to be vacated no later than 8:30AM.