Live Stream from the Vista! (John Heald)

ksmcdonald

Just saw the first live stream from our Vista! John Heald was in front of the Havana Cabana's on Deck 5.

I was under the impression that each person in these cabanas had a dedicated lounge chair outside their "gate" on the actual deck. Definitely doesn't look like there is enough room on the walk way for a lounger. Maybe the loungers are inside the gate on the actual patio? Would they have a sit down chair and lounger and hammock all on the balcony?

It looked very nice, but I pictured the walk way much wider, it looked pretty narrow.

Here is the link for the live stream:

Edited by ksmcdonald

Just saw the first live stream from our Vista! John Heald was in front of the Havana Cabana's on Deck 5.

I was under the impression that each person in these cabanas had a dedicated lounge chair outside their "gate" on the actual deck. Definitely doesn't look like there is enough room on the walk way for a lounger. Maybe the loungers are inside the gate on the actual patio? Would they have a sit down chair and lounger and hammock all on the balcony?

It looked very nice, but I pictured the walk way much wider, it looked pretty narrow.

There are chairs on the personal patios or balconies or whatever they are called. He's not showing much. Just standing in front of them. And I heard him say there were surprises to come.

They look like really nice cabins but that walkway being right up on the patio is interesting. I would book one but only because I'm not hung up on needing a bunch of privacy and I don't mind people walking past looking at me. But for those who do mind, I dunno.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

There are chairs on the personal patios or balconies or whatever they are called. He's not showing much. Just standing in front of them. And I heard him say there were surprises to come.

They look like really nice cabins but that walkway being right up on the patio is interesting. I would book one but only because I'm not hung up on needing a bunch of privacy and I don't mind people walking past looking at me. But for those who do mind, I dunno.

The word is that only the people that have these cabins booked will be able to walk along that walk way. You will need a key card to enter that area from outside. It is still now totally private, just the 13 or so cabins on your side will be wondering by.

My guess on the "surprise" is that all the patios will have a hammock instead of just the suites!

The word is that only the people that have these cabins booked will be able to walk along that walk way. You will need a key card to enter that area from outside. It is still now totally private, just the 13 or so cabins on your side will be wondering by.

My guess on the "surprise" is that all the patios will have a hammock instead of just the suites!

So then the rest of the ship's passengers won't be able to walk the whole perimeter of the promenade deck? And non Havana guests will have to access the pool from inside? I thought for sure they would have two walkways. I dunno. One that dipped down then back up so that people could still walk outside but not right up on the Havana guests.

Yes I think you are right about the hammocks.

So then the rest of the ship's passengers won't be able to walk the whole perimeter of the promenade deck? And non Havana guests will have to access the pool from inside? I thought for sure they would have two walkways. I dunno. One that dipped down then back up so that people could still walk outside but not right up on the Havana guests.

Yes I think you are right about the hammocks.

I agree two walk ways would be better! That walk way they are showing look very narrow, and we can't see what is to the right. Maybe there is another walk way. I guess we will have to wait until next week to find out!

Or maybe this walk way will open up after 5:00 pm?

I love that they put the cabin numbers on the post outside the patio. Make it much easier to find your cabin from the outside. I did see on John's facebook that the cabins had sliding glass doors and they could be opened with your card from outside. I was wondering how to lock the slider when you left from your patio.

In one of Johns videos, he stated that you would have to use your card to open the patio door.

Pretty sure they will lock automatically like the cabin door so probably a lot of ppl getting locked out of their cabins lol

The loungers are inside the gated Lanai. Why would someone want to be in the walkway instead of inside their gate? The lanais are huge. Much larger than I was expecting, so I'm very excited about that.

I don't think there is a secondary walkway on the other side of the wall.

I'm so excited for this cabin!! We have the first cabin closest to the pool area and cannot wait to give it a try! I also love the looks of the furniture at the Havana Pool and will be sure to cozy up in some during our cruise in January, but with our cabin being right there, we may not even have to have a lounger or couch or chair at the pool. I guess it will just come naturally when we are there as to where we place our butts each day. :)

Regarding the shade, the Havana guests will get plenty of sun in their own private pool area and depends on the time of day anyway. It looks like that walkway area is gated off so only Havana guests will walk directly in front of lanais.

Regarding the shade, the Havana guests will get plenty of sun in their own private pool area and depends on the time of day anyway. It looks like that walkway area is gated off so only Havana guests will walk directly in front of lanais.

Exactly. no less and probably more than those with balconies on that side. It will depend on the time of day and direction of the ship at the time. Not really planning on laying around on my lanai for the day....would prefer whatever's going on on the island, around the ship or at the Havana Pool. To each his own! We didn't get the Cabana to lay out in the sun, but for the social aspect of these cabins. I kind of wished more people could walk past. I would put my feet up and say, "yes, this is MY cabin" and give them a "cheers" with my cocktail in hand.

Exactly. no less and probably more than those with balconies on that side. It will depend on the time of day and direction of the ship at the time. Not really planning on laying around on my lanai for the day....would prefer whatever's going on on the island, around the ship or at the Havana Pool. To each his own! We didn't get the Cabana to lay out in the sun, but for the social aspect of these cabins. I kind of wished more people could walk past. I would put my feet up and say, "yes, this is MY cabin" and give them a "cheers" with my cocktail in hand.

Ha! I'm also looking forward to the social aspect of the cabanas! We've got several of them together and that will be fun too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app