Internet prices and other general advice?

ishari

Good morning!

I apologize if this information is already listed elsewhere...I tried to find it but couldn't.

My husband and I are thinking about booking and inside cabin under this current sale with the perks. So, we are looking to pick one of the four offered choices. My husband is in grad school and likes the WiFi minutes option because he will be able to work on school work and submit assignments (more power to him...I don't know if I'd have the willpower to do schoolwork on a cruise!). He doesn't think he'd need all 250 minutes, though. Is there a listing of the internet package prices somewhere? It may be in our best interest to purchase an internet package out of pocket and then pick one of the other perks that we would use entirely.

I've sailed NCL before and really enjoyed it, but my last several cruises have been on Royal Caribbean. For those seasoned NCL cruisers, is this one of the better sales that NCL runs to where we should hurry up and book to get the perks OR should we wait to book under a different sale? I wasn't sure what types of sales NCL typically runs. I know Royal has certain sales to keep an eye out for (a BOGO sale or an onboard credit offer are the most common).

Thanks for the help! And, again, I apologize if the internet info is listed somewhere already...

I am on a 14 day and made the internet my 2nd choice package since I don't really use the paid dining, and I make my own excursions, so if you get to choose 2 perks drinks and internet works out good..

if not, here is the price list and options..

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/internet-packages

hope this helps

Chuck

Thank you!! I didn't even think to Google it, LOL! Guess that's what I get for trying to find information before I have coffee... :)

Yeah, I was eyeballing the drink perk too! Seems like a good deal.

Thank you!! I didn't even think to Google it, LOL! Guess that's what I get for trying to find information before I have coffee... :)

Yeah, I was eyeballing the drink perk too! Seems like a good deal.

:D No problem. :)

The drink package is definitely the best $$$ value of all the choices, even with the service charges that you need to pay when booking through US office (except when booking a full suite). NCL has raised bar prices three times in the last 13 months (last March, October and December) so the package is worth the service charges paid pretty quickly.

OP just know (and tell the BF) that onboard internet is S-L-O-W! If he has a huge need for Internet you might come out ahead getting the unlimited package because 250 minutes might not be enough! We bought the unlimited on our last cruise and shared it amongst the four of us (only one device at a time logged in). DH needed it for work and DS20 NEEDED to keep in contact with his GF.

OP just know (and tell the BF) that onboard internet is S-L-O-W! If he has a huge need for Internet you might come out ahead getting the unlimited package because 250 minutes might not be enough! We bought the unlimited on our last cruise and shared it amongst the four of us (only one device at a time logged in). DH needed it for work and DS20 NEEDED to keep in contact with his GF.

It is so slow. It is slower than my old dial up modem. I'm talking really, really, really slow. So slow that Gmail times out sometimes and you have to log back in.

If he has to log into a portal to upload files of any size, it will take forever. You are better off taking a laptop, getting off in a port and doing the upload from an Internet cafe or place with Wifi.

Seriously ... if you will drink more than the $14 to $15 a day the gratuities cost you for the beverage plan do it instead. Scratch that; the Internet is so slow on board he will be slamming down shots and that free Internet perk will cost you thousands. I was tempted to jump over the rail and end it all over the Internet speed.