Staying in touch on cruise

onescgirl

Our family 1st cruise is coming up in June with two young teens.

I have a question about how do you keep up with other family members when split up on the ship if you are unable to have cell service?

Like, I am worried about if kids split from us during day or go to teen club at night, etc.. And we have no idea how to hook back up.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You can purchase the social media package for all the devices and use imessage if you have iphones, or facebook message or download the watsapp and message each other.

Or if you are on a ship that has the HUB app, you can put it on all your phones for $5 a device and message each other that way.

Our family 1st cruise is coming up in June with two young teens.

I have a question about how do you keep up with other family members when split up on the ship if you are unable to have cell service?

Like, I am worried about if kids split from us during day or go to teen club at night, etc.. And we have no idea how to hook back up.

Thanks!

-Depends on what Ship your on if a small ship like the Fantasy the 2 way radios worked "OK" for us.

-Leave notes in the stateroom.

-My next cruise we will purchase the $5.00 per day internet package and use VIBER to communicate that way.

Just a few suggestions... Happy sailing

We would leave notes in the room. If we were turning in at night and she was still out, we'd have a general idea of what she was doing and with who. If her plans changed, she'd leave a note in the room or call us in the room. Or we'd pick a certain time and place to meet up to check in. I also had to learn to relax

And trust that she was ok.

-Depends on what Ship your on if a small ship like the Fantasy the 2 way radios worked "OK" for us.

-Leave notes in the stateroom.

-My next cruise we will purchase the $5.00 per day internet package and use VIBER to communicate that way.

Just a few suggestions... Happy sailing

VIBER isn't listed as one of the apps that will work with the $5 social media package. So do you have experience that it still works? I'm just curious because I really have no idea.

VIBER isn't listed as one of the apps that will work with the $5 social media package. So do you have experience that it still works? I'm just curious because I really have no idea.

I have not cruised yet to try it but I thought I read something it was either WHASTAPP or VIBER if they dont work Imessage or FB messaging should work.

I dont cruise for another 50 days

I have not cruised yet to try it but I thought I read something it was either WHASTAPP or VIBER if they dont work Imessage or FB messaging should work.

I dont cruise for another 50 days

Yes whatsapp is listed. We cruise almost a month ago and watsapp was on the list. I didn't use it though. But some people have said they were able to get other things not listed to work. That's why I asked if you knew if VIPER worked or not.

Yes whatsapp is listed. We cruise almost a month ago and watsapp was on the list. I didn't use it though. But some people have said they were able to get other things not listed to work. That's why I asked if you knew if VIPER worked or not.

I know viber works on the mid tier package, not sure about the cheapest one. But couldn't you just use the chat feature through the hub app? It's $5 and let's you IM others if they also pay the $5.

I know viber works on the mid tier package, not sure about the cheapest one. But couldn't you just use the chat feature through the hub app? It's $5 and let's you IM others if they also pay the $5.

Only a handful of ships have the HUB app.

The HUB app would be great for people on board that don't want or need to contact people off the ship. But for me it was nice being able to imessage my mom back at home and be able to facebook. So the social media package was perfect for me. And it was $18 for our entire 5 day cruise. So it doesn't break the bank.

The HUB app would be great for people on board that don't want or need to contact people off the ship. But for me it was nice being able to imessage my mom back at home and be able to facebook. So the social media package was perfect for me. And it was $18 for our entire 5 day cruise. So it doesn't break the bank.

That's good to know. On our June cruise on Liberty we are taking my daughters friend with us. It will be nice if she needs/wants to contact her parents.

That's good to know. On our June cruise on Liberty we are taking my daughters friend with us. It will be nice if she needs/wants to contact her parents.

And it worked really well on the Liberty. We had no complaints. My husband purchased it for his phone and I purchased it for mine. The only lag we had was sometimes the photos wouldn't send over imessage. But they uploaded fine on Facebook. I posted lots of pics to make everyone at home jealous.

Are these plans on all ships? My dad and I will be sailing on Legend in Alaska next month. I have custody of my 10 month old grandson. He will be staying with his other grandparents during my trip. This would be very helpful keeping in contact with them while I am gone.

Thanks for replies! The Hub is not on our ship either, but at least the $18/week is pretty affordable.

That must be an ad for a shorter cruise. I know for a 7-day cruise it's $25 per person for the week. Well worth it in my opinion. Last cruise (on RCL) I was separated from my husband for three hours. And he had my bag, with my S&S card in it. It was three hours of heck trying to hunt him down. Don't want to go through that again.