VOOM on Liberty

I just called RC to inquire about this... I had not seen this link prior to calling. Had sent RC an email a few days ago and still no response so I called. I was told that they have upgraded to VOOM fleet wide as of May 1. I asked if they were just changing the name to VOOM or if it truly had been upgraded to the new highspeed internet, and got a response as if she was reading an ad off the TV or internet. I still don't have a lot of confidence in her response, but I'm going to purchase anyway and see. I am really just wanting to be able to text as we have a big party and want to keep up with one another this way. We leave May 15 on Liberty.

I just called RC to inquire about this... I had not seen this link prior to calling. Had sent RC an email a few days ago and still no response so I called. I was told that they have upgraded to VOOM fleet wide as of May 1. I asked if they were just changing the name to VOOM or if it truly had been upgraded to the new highspeed internet, and got a response as if she was reading an ad off the TV or internet. I still don't have a lot of confidence in her response, but I'm going to purchase anyway and see. I am really just wanting to be able to text as we have a big party and want to keep up with one another this way. We leave May 15 on Liberty.

Texting will be possible no matter if the have real or fake VOOM. Plus, the price is lower than it used to be for the non-VOOM service, so it's a win-win for you.

We will be on this cruise May 22. Once you are on the ship and hooked up to internet, please come back here and let us know if this is really hi speed or just a name change to appease us. We also purchased a 2 device plan, in hopes that it's really faster. Thanks!

I'm on the Liberty now and there no true Voom, only high orbit satellite garbage. I can't even stay logged in, the Internet is very frushstating and I have the surf and stream package. See other posts on this topic. No true Voom planned for the future.

Edited by serialcruiser48

I'm on the Liberty now and there no true Voom, only high orbit satellite garbage. I can't even stay logged in, the Internet is very frushstating and I have the surf and stream package. See other posts on this topic. No true Voom planned for the future.

Sounds exactly like what we experienced on Vision at the start of the transatlantic last fall. Very frustrating.

Just got off Liberty yesterday. I purchased the Voom surf + Stream because I wanted to be able to facetime with my kids at home. It was horrible. Please do not waste your money like I did. If this is the faster one, I can't even imagine the regular package. It lagged horribly, often got "poor connection" screen and regularly dropped calls. I tried to post to facebook about ten different times, I was successful twice. You tube did not work at all. Streaming anything was IMPOSSIBLE.

when it was working, was the speed enough for facetime? I bought the surf and stream package for that reason, but if it does not work well enough for that, I should cancel now (We depart on 5/29)

Sometimes. Yes, it usually would go through, but would often have the poor connection screen or disconnect. Only one time I couldn't get it to go through at all. Some areas were better than others.

I have heard on the newer ships the VOOM is great! Maybe they will be updating all the ships in the near future, but for now, I think it's a waste of money.