cc vs 2a

dnkybird@yahoo.com

Hi Cherie. You're on the millennium, correct? From looking at the deck plans, it appears 8006 has a bigger balcony. Do a search and find out, but I'm pretty sure I read that.

The 2 CC cabins I see available, 9056 and 9154, are under the pool deck and oceans cafe. I'd avoid those at all costs because of the noise from above. There is a large overhang, too. That would bother me.

All that said, any cabin on a ship is better than a day in my cubicle.

I'm on that cruise also.

Hi Cherie. You're on the millennium, correct? From looking at the deck plans, it appears 8006 has a bigger balcony. Do a search and find out, but I'm pretty sure I read that.

The 2 CC cabins I see available, 9056 and 9154, are under the pool deck and oceans cafe. I'd avoid those at all costs because of the noise from above. There is a large overhang, too. That would bother me.

All that said, any cabin on a ship is better than a day in my cubicle.

I'm on that cruise also.

can you tell me where or how to find the deck plans?

cherie

we are confirmed in 8006 for the 11-18 ta crossing. we are elite cc members and are wondering if it would be worth $400 to upgrade to the CC staterooms.

thanks for any input

cherie

honestly I don't think the extra $ is worth it for the cc class, we had a cc last year on the Millie, no big deal, in fact we were really disappointed inalot of the "perks" they talk about...just stick with what you have, you will be happy,,,BTW we are also elite members and didn't get our luggage until 6PM day of embarkation:( ....

we are confirmed in 8006 for the 11-18 ta crossing. we are elite cc members and are wondering if it would be worth $400 to upgrade to the CC staterooms.

thanks for any input

cherie

Largely a question of what CC cabin you are able to snag and whether you're talking about $400/person or for the both of you.

Understand that in addition to whatever perks there are in CC, it's also a larger cabin, and on a longer itinerary, that alone might be of some value to you. Some of them have much larger verandas, but those don't tend to be available quite so close to sail date -- but you can try. The following cabins would be of special interest for one reason or another and any of them could prove to be a deal-maker:

CC-9043,9038,9201,9164,9162,9160

CC-8045,8046,8185,8176,8172,8170

CC-6135,6136,6143,6144,7203,7212,7208,7206

LOL. Sounds good, but the days go faster when I am busy. Maybe I'll start shopping for my next cruise. Oh wait, that would be my next next cruise. The next one leaves 11/18 - millennium transatlantic.
Ah, see, there's your problem -- short timer's syndrome! Speaking of which -- only 4 days before we leave! Makes working just that much tougher.

Bon voyage.
Many thanks. Since this thread was supposed to be about 2A vs. CC, I'll toss this in for grins. While a 2A is a bit over 170 sq ft (Celebrity's smallest cabin size), and a CC a bit over 190, spending a week in 140 sq ft should be interesting. These river boats don't seem to have quite the cabin space of a standard cruise ship! It'll make the cabin on our next trip seem all that much larger, I expect.

Archived