Liberty vs Freedom

brepri_h

I went on the Liberty in 2012 and really liked it. I'm going on the Freedom in 2017 and from what I see online they are pretty similar. Is there anyone out there that has been on both and can give me their 2 cents?

I went on the Freedom March 2015 and the Liberty March 2016. The layouts are basically identical on both ships so in that aspect I didn't prefer one over the other but the Liberty was EXTREMELY rough for some reason! We weren't in any rough weather and we could feel our chairs on the lido deck shaking and rumbling as we sat in them! We all said we wouldn't be going on the Liberty again when we got off.

We have sailed on both. You are correct in that they are both very similar. They both are Conquest Class so they are laid out identical. If you've been on one Conquest Class ship, you've been on all of them only with different names. I don't remember which one is was but one of them we noticed a lot of side to side motion. A lot more than normal even though the seas were calm.

Edited by RWolver672

I went on the Freedom March 2015 and the Liberty March 2016. The layouts are basically identical on both ships so in that aspect I didn't prefer one over the other but the Liberty was EXTREMELY rough for some reason! We weren't in any rough weather and we could feel our chairs on the lido deck shaking and rumbling as we sat in them! We all said we wouldn't be going on the Liberty again when we got off.

We've been on both ships & loved both of them. The last time we were on Liberty was a B2B January 2014.

We were supposed to go on Freedom January 2015, but they moved her to Texas & relocated us to Conquest.

I think Liberty had drydock in 2011 and Freedom had drydock in 2014. I just read on another sight that Liberty is due for drydock December 2016.

I went on the Liberty in 2012 and really liked it. I'm going on the Freedom in 2017 and from what I see online they are pretty similar. Is there anyone out there that has been on both and can give me their 2 cents?

Most of the time one difference is length of cruise. Liberty shorter, may pick up some 7 day until Breeze gets here.

There's a new thread on CC by someone on Liberty who has said that she's going to be late getting back to port due to some problem. Hopefully, it will be fixed so the next cruise doesn't miss any ports.