First Cruise- Carnival Victory June 2016

KyBBQlady

First it will be myself and my 2 daughters (18 & 20) cruising to the Bahamas. It's the first cruise for all of us. Should we purchase the Faster to the Fun pass?

and what are the must see/must do things in Freeport & Nassau?

Also, Is there a formal night on the ship? Do most people participate? and is there anything we should do on the ship?

Hoping for a great 4 days at sea!

I hope you enjoy your cruise.

Freeport is kind od industrial, there are a few shops in the port area, but you may want to consider an excursion there. Although there is no guarantee, it seems to me that the vendors have slightly better prices there than in Nassau, if you're interested in knick-knack type souvenirs, probably because fewer ships call there.

Nassau can be fun to just hang out, shop on Bay St. and relax. We enjoy Junkanoo Beach, its about a 15 minute walk from the cruise terminal, just past the Hilton. The Bikini Tiki hut there has friendly staff, good drinks, and Wi-Fi. The big draw in Nassau is the Atlantis, but it is more expensive than most options.

You should have a formal night, some will dress up, some will stay in shorts and t-shirts.

We enjoy the comedians, but for your first cruise, I would try anything that sounds interesting, most activities are included.

A few years ago my wife and I were in Freeport and did the glass bottom boat tour. Saw sharks and fish and birds and had a nice boat ride. We enjoyed it a lot. Ate at a restaurant in the harbor/shopping area and the food was good although when I went to shake the ketchup bottle the lid was not on and I got it all over me, the wall and a lady behind me. She actually got the worst of it. Hopefully that made for a funny story for her when she got home. It was mighty embarrassing for me at the time.

But I can tell you this - I dang sure check every lid now.

First it will be myself and my 2 daughters (18 & 20) cruising to the Bahamas. It's the first cruise for all of us. Should we purchase the Faster to the Fun pass?

and what are the must see/must do things in Freeport & Nassau?

Also, Is there a formal night on the ship? Do most people participate? and is there anything we should do on the ship?

Hoping for a great 4 days at sea!

The "go to" spot for us would be a trip to Port Lucaya marketplace...cheap taxi ride and decent marketplace and marina...

Also,

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g147420-Freeport_Grand_Bahama_Island_Bahamas-Vacations.html

Don't be put off by the industrial-looking port stop.

Al