Recommendations? Alaska Cruise on Pearl Vs Jewel

The Tracy Arm Explorer tour is offered for both the Pearl and Jewel.

The Pearl is RT Juneau, the Jewel leaves Juneau and re-boards the ship up by the Glacier. They are done with two different small boats.

It may be sold out for the Jun 4th Jewel sailing. But when I go to the NCL excursions page the excursion shows up for all Jewel sailings.

Isn't that what I said? lol

The Tracy Arm Explorer tour is offered for both the Pearl and Jewel.

The Pearl is RT Juneau, the Jewel leaves Juneau and re-boards the ship up by the Glacier. They are done with two different small boats.

It may be sold out for the Jun 4th Jewel sailing. But when I go to the NCL excursions page the excursion shows up for all Jewel sailings.

We just got off the Pearl as she repositioned to Alaska. The current Summer Palace dining room crew is top-notch. They were one of the highlights of our Panama cruise.

Do you know/remember who the crew were?

The The 2016 Identity Captain, Hotel Director, Concierge, etc doesn't appear to have had a Pearl update in a while

Thanks in advance

Edited by jimsig

The The 2016 Identity Captain, Hotel Director, Concierge, etc doesn't appear to have had a Pearl update in a while

Thanks in advance

I updated in the other thread staff info from the Pearl May 5 to May 15 Alaska 10 Day cruise.

It was my fourth cruise on the Pearl and Larry's 3rd. The Pearl is great for Alaska with the Spinnaker Lounge, Great Outdoors and Spa (extra charge but worth it if you use it). This 10 day cruise was perfect itinerary because it included the Inside Passage route, Sitka and Icy Strait Point and a long and amazing visit to Glacier Bay. Our shore times were long in all of the ports which was a big plus over the 7 day cruises. Weather was wonderful, ship in good shape, crew great as always. They did open the crew bow area on Glacier Bay day. The onboard park naturalist who did the talking in Glacier Bay was outstanding.

Edited by kjquilts

The senior officers have been identified. We went to the SP most of the time and Indigo for dessert. IMHO, service at SP was much better than at Indigo. The maitre D's at SP would check in on us at least 2x a night to make sure that we had a great day and that everything was going well. The two times we went to Indigo, it was the opposite experience. No one came to our table (or others, we checked) and the service was 50/50. Other people we spoke with liked the fact that Indigo was a more casual atmosphere. It is just what makes you comfortable. I would try both of them and see which ones suits you.

The staff in the SP that stood head and shoulders above the rest were:

Hostess:

Maricar

Jeanette

Maitre D:

Anthony D'Souza (assistant maitre d')

Douglas (shoot, I've already forgotten his last name :-( )

Server:

Happy

Bodzidhar

Earl

Jean (female)

The Tracey Arm Explorer is now available for our June 4th cruise.:)

I may wait because I have a new cruiser with me and I am not sure how he will fare sea-sick wise. In the Arm it is pretty calm but the part going there from Juneau may bother him.