ROTS - Deck 7 or 8?

We are currently booked in Cabin 7557 (interior) but there are still some interior cabins available on 8th deck.

Anyone have any recommendations on whether they prefer Deck 7 or Deck 8?

Thank you.

We have sailed in inside cabins on Deck 8 several times on Radiance class ships. We prefer deck 8 because it is between two decks of cabins. Deck 7 has common areas (theater, etc.) below it. We also prefer a midship location when possible.

We are currently booked in Cabin 7557 (interior) but there are still some interior cabins available on 8th deck.

Anyone have any recommendations on whether they prefer Deck 7 or Deck 8?

Thank you.

I consider your current M cabin in a desirable location midship of both elevators... nice to use the Centrum elevators at all times for the views of Centrum and outside rather than the forward elevators. This is the main reason why I don't like many of the forward interior cabins on Radiance Class, never need to use those forward elevators for almost anything, inconvenient. If you can stick to mid-ship and rear interiors. Also if your a little motion sensitive any cabin mid-ship or aft will have less motion than those forward.

Having said that, I also see your cabin is directly above the cinema or pub. I have not read any reviews of cabins in this area, but Bob above is right... there's a chance you may get some filtered noise I suspect as happens in various other cabin locations either directly above or directly below a public venue. Looking at your sailing, there's only one M cabin left on deck 8 aft - 8641. The rest are all forward.

I've stayed on 8515 on Radiance & most recently 9571... the 9571 is the BIG winner for me by a mile being closer to the Centrum and enjoying that entry/exit to and from my room every day rather than being far forward. IN fact I would rather stay on deck 3 or 4 close to Centrum rather than forward on 8... just my personal choice. So if I had your choice to make, I'd stay put or move to that aft M on deck 8.

By the way, fantastic itinerary you're on! I would love to do that someday. Have a great cruise :D

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks everyone for very useful info. We are very much looking forward to this cruise and we are celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary while on board.

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. Maybe a suite is in order for this special occasion?

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. Maybe a suite is in order for this special occasion?

Much as I would love that, not in our price range.

My husband doesn't know but I've booked an anniversary package so the room will be decorated and we celebrate with champagne!