Equinox Molecular Bar

Has the Molecular Bar on the Equinox been replaced by The World Class bar? I saw negative reviews of the WCB on another ship. As a part time bartender I was looking forward to the Molecular Bar. If WCB has replaced the Molecular Bar I would like to hear comments. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Has the Molecular Bar on the Equinox been replaced by The World Class bar? I saw negative reviews of the WCB on another ship. As a part time bartender I was looking forward to the Molecular Bar. If WCB has replaced the Molecular Bar I would like to hear comments. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

World Class Bar has replaced Molecular Bar on Equinox.

I went every night for pre dinner cocktails in March! I loved it and I was a full time bartender! Try it for yourself before listening to everybody else. Have a Buck Stops Here for me! Happy cruising...

57a7dcd6c1af9ac2f3a2513c9f9d1bc6.jpga8128148cafafa4c4f652611515f16a3.jpg

Now, the pricing might be slightly confusing as the first 10 were taken from the original menu that was first on the eclipse for a sailing out of Southampton where the tips are included in the advertised price, the last 4 drinks were additions on the menu from our recent reflection cruise out of Miami so tips not included in the advertised price! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
Some of those drinks are very expensive.... if you have the premium drink package are they covered? or can you pay the difference for them? thanks :)

Most are covered, the ones that aren't you just pay the difference [emoji4]

Some of those drinks are very expensive.... if you have the premium drink package are they covered? or can you pay the difference for them? thanks :)

Premium package covers up to $13 anything higher you can pay the difference. Classic covers to $8 but you can't pay the difference, you are charged the entire amount.

Having experience Equinox last October World Class Bar - and just experienced Molecular Bar on Solstice - have to wonder what on earth Celebrity are thinking. I appreciate the contract was up - but ugh - those drinks on world class are not a patch on the amazing drinks on Molecular (oh and neither was the bartender) - I am so grateful we were able to enjoy Molecular on our cruise - it was awesome.

Perhaps World Class will continue to be so much of a flop they will need to change it out to something better :p

Having experience Equinox last October World Class Bar - and just experienced Molecular Bar on Solstice - have to wonder what on earth Celebrity are thinking. I appreciate the contract was up - but ugh - those drinks on world class are not a patch on the amazing drinks on Molecular (oh and neither was the bartender) - I am so grateful we were able to enjoy Molecular on our cruise - it was awesome.

Perhaps World Class will continue to be so much of a flop they will need to change it out to something better :p

Mr. Santos took very good care of us at the World Bar last Thanksgiving.

santos.jpg.b537d60e5734f4a735456572a19c4c43.jpg

My husband and I are obviously in the minority but we never liked Molecular and we tried on multiple occasions. We weren't crazy about our drinks (for the most part too sweet) but really it was the poor service that turned us off. They were always out of an ingredient that was key to the particular cocktail we ordered and of course it was always the drink the bartender had just recommended. Last summer on the Reflection it was empty (or almost) when visited. Hopefully WCB will offer better service while we are aboard the Equinox in September.

Mr. Santos took very good care of us at the World Bar last Thanksgiving.

That certainly looks much better than we experienced with the dour faced "Ivan pronounced EeeeeeeeeeVaaan..

My husband and I are obviously in the minority but we never liked Molecular and we tried on multiple occasions. We weren't crazy about our drinks (for the most part too sweet) but really it was the poor service that turned us off. They were always out of an ingredient that was key to the particular cocktail we ordered and of course it was always the drink the bartender had just recommended. Last summer on the Reflection it was empty (or almost) when visited. Hopefully WCB will offer better service while we are aboard the Equinox in September.

Nearly every drink on WCB contains sugar syrup...

My husband and I totally enjoyed the World Class Bar. It was always busy and the bartenders (master cocktail crafters actually) were engaging and full of information about the drinks they were crafting. We had the premium drink package and were never charged anything additional. They also have cocktail classes several times over the cruise where they teach how to make 4-5 classic cocktails. Lots of fun!!

We have experienced WCB on Eclipse twice since it changed from the Molecular Bar. In our opinion it's a poorly positioned bar. Like its in a corridor at the back of the art auctions. We've tried several of the menu options and not been satisfied. The infusion with smoke tastes like drinking burnt wood. It really has no ambience and we much prefer the Martini Bar. It seems to be a venue like Bistro On Five that a few love and yet the majority do not. If it's offerings were not part of the premium package it would not exist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Molecular Bar was never busy on any of the cruises we were on. The bar area is just in a poor location.

Edited by southernbreezes
sp

That is stupid, they should all be covered on the premium package. This is a total cash grab

Semantics, and overstated. If they were included entirely in the premium package, then the premium package pricing would need to rise. Duh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes it is gone, post number 2 was direct from Celebrity.

That was for the Equinox, I'm asking for confirmation for the Solstice for any guests who are sailing it in Alaska right now. Was hoping they could still make those drinks before the drydock in October.

• 1 month later...

Never had the opportunity to experience the molecular bar. But one visit to the World Bar and I never returned.