Has Anyone stayed in a Quad room?

GLCAS

I have 4 teenager girls booked in a quad...............and now I'm starting to have second thoughts. We saw a picture on-line and it looks really cramped:eek:. If it is going to wreck their cruise..........Last time they were 2 in a room. AAAAAAahhhhhhh.....decisions, decisions. We made our final payment to the TA last week and the room is assigned. Is it too late to change for 2 rooms??

Help:confused:

It's really not that bad and it certainly won't ruin their cruise experience. I've stayed in a quad room twice. The first time my boys were both very young. The last time was a few years ago with my son and his cousin who were both 14. The biggest issue with 4 teenage girls will be when they're getting dressed in the morning or for dinner. It actually sounds like a blast to me. I'd love to take a cruise with some of my girlfriends or my sisters.

Save your money and keep your quad. We've taken our daughters on three past cruises...two of the cruises with three girls, and one of them with four girls. We have another cruise booked for this coming December, and we'll have all four girls (ages: 11, 13, 15, and 16) all in one interior quad. We stay in the balcony room across the hall.

The rooms are not as cramped as you might think, though they're certainly not huge.

Some tips:

1)Give the girls the rules ahead of time: when is lights out, what the noise level ought to be, etc., and especially, NO POUTING (Remind them that we're all here to have fun)

2) Bring a nightlight (ours is a clock nightlight...the room is pitch black and this will help them safely get up and down the ladder)

3) Divvy up the storage space and REQUIRE that everyone pick up her own things!

4) Give them a shower schedule (the bathroom can get cramped with 4 girls), and allow them to use the shower in the adults' room in order to expedite the process.

We always call the girls on the phone to wake them in the morning for breakfast. Otherwise, it's so dark in their room that they don't realize it's morning and they would sleep all day. Even though they sleep in the quad, they spend most of their time out of their room in the other parts of the ship. We also spend family time in the adults' balcony cabin.

Have a wonderful cruise!

We stay in a quad when we cruise -- DH. 2 daughters and myself. The only time it gets tight is when we are all trying to shower and/or dress. However, this helps alot and will certainly help your teenage girls. I would go with my girls up to the spa and we would all shower in the locker room. There are about 6 separate showers, plenty of towels and soap and shampoo. After showering, we would dry off, tie our hair back and then wear our beach cover ups back down to our room.

It worked great for us. No one ever complained or said anything. And I always make sure that we cleaned up and did not leave a mess. We were on a week cruise in Aug. and we probably did this 5 times.

That is a great idea Lisa. We had our teenage daughter and her friend in the cabin with us. We would get up and moving and try to wake them up while we got ready. We would have room service sent for them to eat and we would go to the dining room. Usually we got done about the same time.

We had a quad on our first cruise last year....2 adults, a 21 y.o. and 16 y.o.....no problems really. The only hard time is getting dressed for dinner. But if everyone showers different times throughout the day its not bad. Someone always gets ready and hangs out on the balcony while everyone is trying to get ready. 4 teenage girls can certainly do it. Save the money

Quads are fine - not cramped. If it looks like they might be having shower issues one or two can rotate into your shower or go to the Spa - the showers there are nice.

Can you access the spa showers all the time or are they only open during the day?

I have stayed in a quad many years ago. It was me and my best friend (both 16 at the time) and my stepmom and dad. Now understand my dad is a large man 6'4 350 lbs (hes a firefighter). It was slightly cramped but we knew that and we made the best of it. It really worked out of us. Jessica and I liked to stay out late and dad would come along occsaionally the the disco and people watch with us, stepmom loved to go to bed after dinner which is when we went out.

I say stick with the quad. Because if they were anything like jessica and I, we were never in the room. Always exploring together or just sitting out on the deck. As many people have said the only issue comes when its shower time and that can be handled easily.

I have been on 4 cruises and have always had a quad. Just make sure you let everyone know they have to put their things away and keep the room clutter free. That is the only part that drove me crazy is if they would leave their things lying around. Other than that we took turns getting ready and everything went smoothly.

A quad works out great!!! We have done it 3 times with our 2 children. Last cruise my son was 16 and daughter 13. Having son and daughter, vs both sons or both daughters is a bit more difficult, but still works out fine. Here are some hints we have picked up.

Bring an electrical outlet strip. There is only only outlet per cabin and this way you can have more than one person doing hair, makeup, whatever at same time.

Request a later dinner seating. Allows you to have more time to get ready especially when coming back from excursions. We also just like to kick back and eat some sushi and then go to late dinner.

Store non-essential items in suitcases under bed, such as souveneirs, going home clothes, shoes that you only plan to use once or twice for formal nights, jackets, film, etc. This frees up closet and shelf space big time!

Keep cabin clutter free. You end up getting lots of papers. Put those you want to keep in the suitcases or store in slot on desk. If everyone pitches in, it ends up making the cruise much more stress-free. I have a hard time functioning in clutter.

Stagger the shower times and use the shower only to shower. Finish getting ready by the mirror in the main part of the cabin.

Let everyone claim a special area or corner of the cabin and try to have them keep their stuff in that area.

You will have a great time! For one week it is amazing how well everyone can get along especially in such a small space. It must be something in the ocean air! :D

Archived