Miracle Pier in Coz?

joeb49

We were at the Punto Langosta pier Oct. 5. No big difference where you are docked that I can see.

Well, sometimes it makes a difference. If people want to go only into San Miguel (the town on Cozumel), Punta Langosta Pier is right there, and that's great. However, if docked at Puerta Maya Pier, they have to take a cab to go anywhere.

I have reserved a jeep through avis for our day in Cozumel two weeks from today. I reserved it at Puerta Maya/International pier. I see the Elation is docking at Punta Langosta today. I will need to change my pick-up location or I will have to take a cab down to pick-up and a cab back after drop-off possibly. So to me it makes a big difference.

I have reserved a jeep through avis for our day in Cozumel two weeks from today. I reserved it at Puerta Maya/International pier. I see the Elation is docking at Punta Langosta today. I will need to change my pick-up location or I will have to take a cab down to pick-up and a cab back after drop-off possibly. So to me it makes a big difference.

Me too - Not only am I concerned as to which pier we come into, now Carnival keeps switchig our itineraries. I dont know if we'll be in Coz on Thur or Fri -

• 5 months later...

ok, stupid question guys but which pier is the san miguel pier? we went to the punta ??? on the elation last month. i know there is a pier that drops you directly in town. there is a pier in the middle that was destroyed.

which pier is which to be tendered to?

There are (were) three piers on Cozumel.

Punta Lagosta Pier is the one right at San Miguel (the town). One is Puerta Maya Pier (which Carnival owns). The other is International Pier.

It's my understanding that all three piers were destroyed, so you couldn't have 'docked', but were tendered in, right?

My sister was there two weeks ago, and they had to tender in - near what WAS Punta Lagosta Pier.

I think it has everything to do with this thread being old as the hills ;)

Fat Tuesdays is where the Puerta Maya pier used to be... Carlos and Charlies is near the other pier, downtown... is that the International Pier?? I'm not sure, I've only ever docked at the PM pier... which is a fairly short cab ride from Carlos and Charlies and Senor Frogs.

Fat Tuesdays is where the Puerta Maya pier used to be...

That's exactly what I said.

I swear, GC, I think some folks just aren't "reading" what we type. (Everything I said about the piers was in the 'past tense'.) I give up.:rolleyes:

Carlos and Charlies is near the other pier, downtown... is that the International Pier??

No, that was Punta Lagosta Pier.

I also think you're correct about the OLD post. Folks aren't looking at the date of the original posts - OCTOBER, 2005.....so it's bound to be confusing.

This one should just hit the dirt. Hello, hosts????:D

Archived