Cruisers with kids, teenagers, which would you pick? Epic v Jade?

All things being equal in terms of itinerary and price, which is the better ship to travel on with kids and young teenagers, the Jade or Epic?

My kids love the Getaway as do we, but we are considering a European adventure for a big anniversary. We like both itineraries and the dates so it really comes down to which ship the kids would like more.

Any thoughts? TIA

I've never been on the Jade, but Epic is, well, epic! I had a great time in the Entourage teen club and met some great people. My second time I was 18 so too old for Entourage, but still had a great time around the ship. There was never a shortage of fun activities!

I haven't been on Jade, but I've sailed her sister, Pearl, five times. I've also sailed Epic twice. Kids would have much, much more to do on Epic. From the youth clubs to the water slides to bowling, Epic would keep the kids happy. Good luck with your choice.

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

I would say Epic for the activities.

However, if your teens are shy, investigate the bathroom situation if you are sharing the cabin with them, or if you have a brother/sister pair sharing a room. Some families aren't bothered by it, but others are. The shower and toilet space are inside the room in frosted glass enclosures so privacy is compromised a bit:

Tien.jpg

The toilet enclosure, shown, and the shower enclosure are on either side of the door. There is a curtain that can be drawn between this area and the rest of the cabin, but that doesn't help if brother comes back from the water slide and enters the room while sister is taking a shower.

If that's not a concern, the Epic is a great ship for teens. Far more activity than the Jade. Some people have taken opaque shower curtains and those "3M Command" removable hangers and wrap the shower door with them.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Appreciated! I've been on the Epic with my husband so I am aware of the bathroom situation and although it didn't bother me, I can see how it could bother people! Luckily the kids are all boys and they could care less!!!

We were on the Epic when it was cold, so didn't get to experience all of the fun water slides, etc...

Appreciate the feedback.