Questions about Grand suite and concierge services

You will love the grand suite! The concierge services include appetizers and attendant to book reservations for you (spa services and meals at Chops or Portafino). There is also a DVD & CD library (the rooms are equipt with players). It is only open certain hours, but even after hours we were able to enter and there was always hot water available for tea and hot chocolate. There may have been coffee available, but I'm not a coffee drinker, so I can't say. There also was a stocked bar during the cocktail hour where you could make yourself a drink (no charge).

Have a wonderful time!!:D

If you cruised DCL in a one or two bedroom suite, you may be dissapointed in the level of service you get from RCCL. The suites themselves are nice, but the service and perks aren't what you'll find on DCL or X.

It all depends on your level of expectation.

If you cruised DCL in a one or two bedroom suite, you may be dissapointed in the level of service you get from RCCL. The suites themselves are nice, but the service and perks aren't what you'll find on DCL or X.

It all depends on your level of expectation.

You are exactly correct!! We are really pampered on Celebrity, which we don't expect on RCCL. Only, we continue to receive "royal treatment" on RCCL. Now I'm starting to hear horror stories about service in the suites on RCCL and understanding that there is no service, I'm starting to get upset with posters that expect the type of service that Crystal would provide, at RCCL prices. If anyone wants to compare a 5 or 6 star line service, let's start with the size of room for the price. Enough said.

Rick

DH, DD and I are booked on NOS for spring break 2007.

As of now, we're booked for a grand suite. (We usually book oceanviews.)

I'm wondering what concierge services and amenities are included? I'm already in love with the extra space!

Thanks!

You are going to absolutely LOVE the GS. We had our first one on Radiance in September and it was fab. The concierge lounge was a great place to meet people. It's open between 5pm and 8.30pm for drinks and in the morning until 10.30am for a light breakfast (not sure what time it starts for breakfast - 7 or 7.30am I think). You can access it all day and make coffee, tea etc but the Concierge himself / herself will only be there during the hours above. One thing to note on the drinks is that you can ask for Champagne, they don't keep it on display for some reason (!) but the do have it and it is quite good.

In the room you get bath robes and slippers. The bathroom has shampoo, conditioner and body lotion in larger size along with a scrunchie, cotton balls and cotton buds. There is a CD / DVD player and you can borrow CD's and DVD's from the concierge. The GS has LOTS and LOTS of storage and space and don't forget (which we did!) that if you are tendering at any port, you can get priority tender tickets from the concierge.

Hope that helps.

Archived