Cancelling and re booking cruise

We are booked on the Triumph for September. Hubby has to have hip replacement surgery next month and will just be getting back to work a month before cruise. We think its best to postpone our cruise because of the excess time out of work. We booked ES and no insurance (bad move I know) during a reduced deposit sale. I know we are going to lose $100 pp and can get half of that back if we rebook within 2 years. Do I have to rebook right when we cancel or will I be able to do so in a few months when we have a clearer picture? Thanks in advance.

We are booked on the Triumph for September. Hubby has to have hip replacement surgery next month and will just be getting back to work a month before cruise. We think its best to postpone our cruise because of the excess time out of work. We booked ES and no insurance (bad move I know) during a reduced deposit sale. I know we are going to lose $100 pp and can get half of that back if we rebook within 2 years. Do I have to rebook right when we cancel or will I be able to do so in a few months when we have a clearer picture? Thanks in advance.

We just had to cancel & rebook a cruise last month. We lost the $50 p/p which we expected.

If you cancel & rebook at the same time, you keep the same booking # and your deposit transfers (minus the $50 p/p). If you rebook later, you have to come up with a new deposit and what they have of your money in esrow gets applied to the balance due.

We just had to cancel & rebook a cruise last month. We lost the $50 p/p which we expected.

If you cancel & rebook at the same time, you keep the same booking # and your deposit transfers (minus the $50 p/p). If you rebook later, you have to come up with a new deposit and what they have of your money in esrow gets applied to the balance due.

We have paid $800 so far....does that mean we won't get any of that back at this time?

As Sparky sez, if you're canceling an Early Saver Booking:

If you cancel and rebook in same phone call and same booking number, you'll lose $50pp penalty and the balance of your Deposit should be applied to the Deposit on the new cruise in next 2 years.

If you cancel in one phone call and rebook in a later phone call, you'll lose $50 pp penalty and the balance of your deposit will be applied to the CruiseFare for the next cruise w/in 2 years and you'll have to pay the deposit.

If you're looking at Trip Insurance for the next cruise, look at the 3rd party policies offered by TravelEx, CSA, etc., as providing more and higher coverages at usually less cost; buy the insurance within 14-21 days of booking (depending on which insurer), so that you get "waiver of pre-existing condition" and are eligible to purchase "cancel for any reason" coverage!

Ken

Edited by Ken076