First Time with Princess

MaryT

I'd love to hear from those who have sailed with RCCL/EOS for a comparasion with your experience with Princess. I'm booked on Golden Princess 12/26.... AND how do I get that countdown clock?????? Thanks!

~~~Mary~~~

Explorer - 1/5/02

We've sailed 3 RCI and 2 Princess (plus other misc. cruises), and we like Princess better. That is not to say we won't cruise RCI again - we probably will some time down the road, but for now we're sticking with Princess. In 2001 we sailed Voyager - DH loved it for all its many and varied sports activities. Then we sailed Golden and I loved it for the relaxation, subdued beauty and wonderful service. DH was a bit bored. This past March we sailed Mariner of the Seas. This time DH didn't want to do much more than relax and now he's ready to try Princess again. I know he's going to enjoy it more than Mariner because of the more relaxed tempo, now that he's past the "overload" mode of having to be moving every second of the day.

Hope this helps.

Deb in South Florida

Caribbean Princess 01/15/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;01;15;12;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Mariner of the Seas 3/14/04

Golden Princess 01/25/03

Voyager of the Seas 12/01

Majesty of the Seas 11/00

Carnival's Ecstasy 12/99

Carnival's Paradise 11/98

NCL Westward 9/93

MS Dolphin 9/92

Sky Princess 4/91

Regent Sun 4/90

My standard answer, not many people who try Princess go back to the line they came from, some to be sure, but not many, overall Princess really has it's act together.

Life is at it's best when your address floats

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

Welcome to Princess, Mary!! I sailed RC 7 times. Loved the first 5, last two, did not. I tried Princess, and love it. Everyone has a different expierience they are looking for in a cruise. I don't think you will be dissapinted. Princess has much to offer. icon_smile.gif

Sue

7 days on Star Princess 10/24

I have not sailed with Royal Caribbean but I have had six princess sailing and one future one in Oct on the Sapphire. As you can tell I like Princess. I hope you enjoy Princess but if you don't icon_frown.gif then you can go back to Royal Carribbean. But I think once you sail Princess you will be back icon_wink.gif

Marilyn

Over the past 4 yrs we've tried RCCL, Princess & Carnival and find RCCL & Princess to be very similar. DH likes Princess a little bit more than the others.

Debbie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Sapphire Princess 10/2/04

Carnival Destiny 2/8/04

Grand Princess 7/6/03

RCL - Nordic Empress 2/03 & 4/02

Crown Dynasty 7/00

Queen of Bermuda 7/87

Carnival - Mardi Gras 11/75

Why do we always try to "sell" new people on Princess, shouldn't we tell them it is horrible, and that no sane person would ever do it again?... There would be more open cabins for upgrades, lower fares and shorter lines for everything. Hmmm generous good will towards fellow cruise enthusiasts or more for me... that isn't as easy as it sounds... icon_confused.gificon_wink.gif

Life is at it's best when your address floats

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

Because we are excited about the princess product and want to share our experiences with others. Maybe we should keep it quiet, srphnx!!

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001

Grand Princess, Western,April 2002

Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004

I agree with SloFloDeb. We've done both now. All were great experiences. But we are definitely looking forward to our Golden cruise in January. Something about Princess makes you feel special.

But.....like Srphnx and Gloria said..You now must keep this quiet from all others!! icon_wink.gif

Sea Princess 2/02

DisneyWonder 6/03

Mariner of the Seas 4/04

Golden Princess 1/23/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;1;23;23;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I just booked my first cruise with Princess for August. Loved all of my cruises on RCCL...just wanted to try something different, plus the price was right. I'm really excited!

Explorer of the Seas ~ 10/02

Majesty of the Seas ~ 1/03

Majesty of the Seas ~ 8/11/03

Navigator of the Seas ~ 10/11/03

Serenade of the Seas ~ 1/31/04

Adventure of the Seas ~ 1/30/05

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My standard answer, not many people who try Princess go back to the line they came from, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...I was afraid of that

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

I totally agree with KARENDUNCAN_99. There is something about Princess that makes you feel special. I thought I was a RCCL cruiser but not anymore since my March trip on the Grand.

If the service on the other Princess ships as as good as it was on the Grand I doubt that I would ever cruise another line. (unless of course I win a cruise)

You will love Princesss

Mary -

countdown clock from quietman. on community guideline/need help message board

posted 04-15-02 01:32 PM

I have noticed that several people have troubles setting up the code to get their countdown clocks to work.

I have created a form on a Geocities web site to help create the proper code for the clock.

Instructions:

Click on the link below.

Click on the 'Countdown Clock Maker' link.

Fill-in the form that will appear.

Click the 'Generate code' button.

Copy the code from the box, at the bottom of the form.

Paste the code into your signature.

Quiet_man

Hope this helps anyone having problems.

Here's the link

http://www.geocities.com/quietman01970/

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;7;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800 till happy hour

This will be our first cruise with Princess second cruise to date. We sailed with RCCL on our first cruise. Is the princess line more or less formal in overall attire and attitude (I am NOT asking about formal night)? On the RCCL it seemed that most people were very casual during the day, most with swim and beach ware and then casual nice at dinner. There was not a lot of jeans or shorts but slacks and polos for men and women wore dressy capri's, slacks and blouse for dinner. Is it the same or more dressy, maybe even more elegant in nature? It seems from reading these posts that the people on Princess really take pride in this cruise line and seem to have a more "classic" cruise culture attitude(maybe even old-fashined which is a plus icon_wink.gif). Thanks Lani(CruiseController's wife)

First Alaska Cruise - Sapphire Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;6;20;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Hi Lani. Welcome to Princess!! icon_smile.gifWhat you mentioned is about right. Add a coverup or something to cover swimwear in the horizon or dining room for breakfast or lunch, and sundresses or slip dresses to the smart casual. We do take a lot of pride here, but we do have a lot of fun. We aren't snobby, and we prefer not to argue, but have been known to get pretty "excited" over certain topics. icon_eek.gif So just jump on in. icon_smile.gif

Sue

7 days on Star Princess 10/24

Thanks to everyone for replying to my post..I'm so ready to hit the water! I think its going to be a long 7 months!!!

~~~Mary~~~

Explorer - 1/5/02

Golden Princess - 12/26/04

I was looking at the excursions on the Princess website. For Princess Cay they offer "sea boards" can anyone explain to me what that is and how it differs from a floating mat?

Also I have heard the shopping in St Maarten was better than in St. Thomas. Is this on the french or dutch side. We were thinking of a little shopping then off to Orient beach, should we do this on our own or with a tour. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks this group is great.

Wendy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2003;5;17;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

You will love Orinet Beach . . . & doing it on your own is the preferred way. This way you can come & go as you pls.

I will try to bump up some boards that will answer a lot of your Orient beach ?'s

Enjoy!

Laurie

Archived