Carnival Victory_ Need Info

jtdebbie

hi everyone! We are leaving for the eastern caribbean on 10/30/05 for 7 days. I would like info on the best shore excursion in st marteen . we have booked with godfrey tours in st thomas and are going to just kick around in san juan. can someone who has recently cruised on victory give me their input on upgrades, dining, etc. I have read many reviews , but not on has been on victory in the last 6 mos. there are 4 of us going and 3 have never cruised before.Any comments would be greatly appreciated. :) ;)

Hey there.... Your best bet for lots of input on your question is to go over to the "Ports of Call" section of these boards. Lots of info...read alot and then check out what you may want to do. Many of the posters add web pages for the excursions.

Godfrey is a great choice for St. Thomas, we loved him and the tour! I agree with jcs56 that you should look at the "Ports of Call" forum for whatever port you have a question on.

In St. Martin we just took the water taxi into town to shop, then caught a cab to Orient beach for a few hours. The taxi driver agreed to pick us up at a specific time, but the guy who ran a bar and rented us beach chairs said he could get us a taxi if there was a problem. I think the two lounge chairs and umbrella cost about $14 and included two free drinks. I was a very beautiful beach. Here is a link to my review of the Victory (Eastern) from this past June/July:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=12249

You'll love your cruise, it is a great ship and I loved the sea days!

John

We went shopping on our own and then did the Kon Tiki booze cruise to Honeymoon Beach! it was a ball abd the secluded beach was fabulous!

the link below has all the pictures you can stand...and then some...LOL

hi everyone! We are leaving for the eastern caribbean on 10/30/05 for 7 days. I would like info on the best shore excursion in st marteen . we have booked with godfrey tours in st thomas and are going to just kick around in san juan. can someone who has recently cruised on victory give me their input on upgrades, dining, etc. I have read many reviews , but not on has been on victory in the last 6 mos. there are 4 of us going and 3 have never cruised before.Any comments would be greatly appreciated. :) ;)

Hello there

When we were there in Jan. we rented a jeep from one of the car rental companies at the end of the pier where the ship docks. It was $ 50.00 for the day and with map in hand we toured the island ourselves.You cannot get lost on this island there are very clear signs everywhere. We hit Orient beach like another poster mentioned. Loved it.. And also hit a couple more beaches for a quick drink and some photo ops... and did some shopping in town, and then headed back to the pier for some great shopping there as well.

Your in good hands with Godfrey, I recommend him.. He is 5 Stars in by book !

As mentioned take a peek at the ports of call boards and also St Maartens website, for some other tips. But I think if you rented a jeep you will have a great time.

Have a great cruise.

Archived