Chris & Ginny's Journey Cruise - 9 day Trip

I know I don't give very much narration. There's a reason for this. I think my pictures do the talking better than I can. We had a great cruise although I wouldn't recommend sailing on the Sunshine because it's simply too crowded and you do feel like a sardine at times.

If you do go on the Sunshine, don't fret it. We had one of the best times we've ever had on a cruise since we met new friends. They were so much fun, and most of it is beyond r rated, so I won't elaborate too much. We made it to at least 3 comedy shows, and they were meh. It was nice to at least get to see a few shows.

The regular playtime singing and dancing group was much better than when we sailed on the Breeze. Our excursions were lots of fun, and with the 9 day cruise, we didn't feel tired from having to get up early every day. We weren't rushed and we had an easy debarkation as we carried our own luggage off. We got an early start on our drive back to Mebane, NC.

I can't say enough good about Shelby and Peanut, and Harold, and Lynn, and Betty and Don. They joked, goofed off with us, and poked fun at us, and we all enjoyed the time spent together. We are planning on staying in touch with them. Who knows? Maybe we can all get together and cruise again sometime. Ginny (my wife) gets all the credit for the best pictures of the flower garden, and the Midnight Grand Buffet Gala. They were her babies. I just handed her the camera as she really wanted to take the pictures in those two spots. I think she did a great job considering at the midnight gala, there were throngs of people she had to work around.

All in all, I would give this cruise a B. The Room Steward was nice but went overboard by throwing a bunch of our Daily Schedules away without asking first. I try to keep a whole weeks worth of them to refer back to. I'm just whining a little, but it did perturb me.

Snorkeling with the turtles was a A+. Ginny and I both had a great time, and they served us a decent fish and chicken meal with good sides, and an open bar after the snorkeling. We also met a nice family that will be cruising with us on the Vista in October of 2017.

We all hired cabbies except for the day on St. Lucia, where Ginny and I went with the Carnival 10 best things to see there. I'd give that excursion a C. There wasn't any food served, or drinks unless you bought them extra.

One thing to keep in mind is one day while we were on St. Kitts, all four couples of us hired a cab, and as I walked around the cab, I looked at the tire tread. All four tires were worn down to almost slick. Next time I will not get into a cab that doesn't have good tires. Things could have gone sour in a hurry if we didn't make it back to the ship on time.

If you have any questions let me know. You can reach me at sonicbuffalo@yahoo.com. I hope you enjoyed the pictures.

Reviews seem to be useless now. I went through a lot of hassle to only have 8,000 people look at the pictures. Surely my pictures (and Ginny's can't be that bad!:confused:

Please don't think it was useless / a hassle.... I enjoyed it very much!

I agree with you 100% about the Radisson Sleep Number beds...they are terrible! My friend and I spent all night trying to adjust our sides to get comfortable enough to sleep! I would be just about asleep and then I'd hear her bed moving. Worst night of sleep EVER! :mad:

Agreed! I spent $250 to send it back, had it for 3 weeks. Horrible!

We are cruising on the Sunshine in December. Thanks for the pictures!

Sorry the pictures didn't include more pictures of the ship itself, but there was nothing new or outstanding to take a picture of, except the towel animals outside on the lido deck and the Grand Buffet.

Where do I find the review? Is it in your signature? Which one? Or is this it? Confused.

The review is mainly pictures, with some narration. I didn't tell a big story except I will say the ladies we were cruising with loved Orient Beach. Of course I couldn't show those pictures.....X-rated.

Thank you for taking the time to do your review - I really enjoyed your pictures of islands that I haven't visited before, and Ginny's picture of the Grand Gala Buffet. I don't know if I go to bed too early or what, but, on the last few ships we have been on, we haven't seen the great buffets like this with all the decorative food carvings and ice sculptures - most recently the NCL Escape, the Carnival Breeze, RCCL Freedom of the Seas or the Carnival Dream-and there was nothing like this onboard (at least while I was awake!). Wonder if they do these on the newer ships? Do you know? Also, did you guys make it to the spa? I like to go there, and I wondered if they had the big thalassotherapy pool on the Sunshine like they did on the Breeze and the Dream?

we haven't seen the great buffets like this with all the decorative food carvings and ice sculptures - Wonder if they do these on the newer ships??

No. Carnival is only doing the Grand Buffets on their Journey cruises only.

Edited by tandemcruzr

I remember going to a midnight buffet and seeing the deviled eggs right at the beginning. Man, I wanted to snag one of those but it was pictures only. I never did get to eat since the pictures took too long and I had to go to bed.

Thanks for the review and the hard work it takes to do it.

Thank you for posting these amazing pictures! I also had an experience like yours where our cabin steward threw out our fun times. My daughter had tucked her birthday cards in the one from her 21st birthday. She was sad they were thrown out because she wanted to keep the cards and the fun times as a memento of her special day. Luckily she had taken the $ and gift cards out beforehand. Lesson learned!

Thanks again for the great pictures and review! :)

Thank you for taking the time to do your review - I really enjoyed your pictures of islands that I haven't visited before, and Ginny's picture of the Grand Gala Buffet. I don't know if I go to bed too early or what, but, on the last few ships we have been on, we haven't seen the great buffets like this with all the decorative food carvings and ice sculptures - most recently the NCL Escape, the Carnival Breeze, RCCL Freedom of the Seas or the Carnival Dream-and there was nothing like this onboard (at least while I was awake!). Wonder if they do these on the newer ships? Do you know? Also, did you guys make it to the spa? I like to go there, and I wondered if they had the big thalassotherapy pool on the Sunshine like they did on the Breeze and the Dream?

I'm sorry but we didn't check out the spa. It's never on our agenda.....we spend the bucks on excursions. Thanks for asking!

Thank you for posting these amazing pictures! I also had an experience like yours where our cabin steward threw out our fun times. My daughter had tucked her birthday cards in the one from her 21st birthday. She was sad they were thrown out because she wanted to keep the cards and the fun times as a memento of her special day. Luckily she had taken the $ and gift cards out beforehand. Lesson learned!

Thanks again for the great pictures and review! :)

yes....didn't let it ruin our trip but he should have respected our property.......