Dawn, Spirit, Dawn, Spirit...East, West, South? HELP!

CatskillsMom

I have done eastern/western/southern itineraries. I've done 4-10 night cruises. I am now spoiled and can't even think of ever doing a 7-night again. I mean, I would, if the price were right. I've gotten some pretty good deals on my last 2, 10-night cruises. Why take a 7-night, when you can get a 10-night for the same price and a better itinerary. I think no matter what ship or itinerary you choose, you will be happy. Each itnerary has something to offer. I loved the Dawn. I've sailed her twice and will sail her again. I'm trying the Spirit next fall. Cozumel may be back up and running in the next couple of months. We'll have to wait and see. Since you have to book last minute, you can see who is offering the best deal at that time. You won't be disappointed with either ship or itinerary. If you have any specific questions about either itineary, please let me know. Good luck!

Minivanmama- I was on the Dawn in January of 2005 (BEAUTIFUL ship!!) We stopped in St. Maarten, if you are a shopper... this is a great place to be! The shopping area right at the dock is nice, but when you walk further into town the shopping is excellent, St. Maarten is really clean and is beautiful.

At our stop in Tortola, my fiance and I decided to take the excursion to Virgin Gorda and explored "The Baths." This was a BEAUTIFUL place, could be hard to navigate with children, but a truly memorable experience. You walk around, over, and under boulders, walk through shallow pools of water, and at the end of a long path, get to a small, but beautiful beach. With young kids this could be difficult, but I would recommend this excursion if you are into a small adventure!

I just changed from the Feb 2 Dawn to the Jan 29 Spirit.

I made the change for a few reasons: 1 Better ports and port times. 2 the kids liked the look of the kids pool area better. 3 newly renovated

While I do like the Western Carib ports I prefer the Southern. They are generally closer together which usually (but not always) gives you more ports and longer port times.

The only problem was we had to go from an oceanview on the Dawn to an inside on Spirit. All oceanviews on the Jan 8 and Jan 29 Spirit are already sold out. So i doubt there will be much availability in Jan.

We are also sailing with a 5 & 10 year old.

Archived