Budget or Avis at Port Everglades

sprockie

We've used Avis several times and dropped the car off at their office at the Hyatt Pier 66. No problems at all, though we had to wait about 15 minutes once for their shuttle to get back from the cruise terminal circuit.

I've rented with Budget a couple times at my local airport and then dropped off at the Port Everglades location when I've been going on Transatlantic cruises. It worked out fine for me, though the location is a bit difficult to find from the instructions on my iPhone map/directions app or Mapquest.

I chose it based on price. I have no experience with Avis in that location.

We used budget and we picked up at the airport and they were really rude and treated us like complete crap. But then dropped off at pier location and they were amazing and very helpful, only bad thing was shuttle to port didn't start till noon...

We've used Avis several times and dropped the car off at their office at the Hyatt Pier 66. No problems at all, though we had to wait about 15 minutes once for their shuttle to get back from the cruise terminal circuit.

Hi Clarea,

I know you don't work for Avis lol, but do you think I rent a car from Avis at this location after the cruise and drop it off at The airport?

Hi Clarea,

I know you don't work for Avis lol, but do you think I rent a car from Avis at this location after the cruise and drop it off at The airport?

Sure, should be no problem. You want pickup location QF1.

Thank you - this is my homework for the weekend now - lol

My wife says I am planning this to no end, while I just want to make sure everything goes well - lol

I feel the same way. Half the fun for me is planning. I am the family travel agent and tour guide. I like to know every detail I can about our trips.

An additional thought to these are that quite often the shuttles are busy and crowded and you may end up sitting on them while you go to every other ship on the way to yours. And that's after a possible wait for the shuttle in the first place. The airport is only a 15 dollar cab ride from the port and takes 5-10 minutes, so returning the car to there instead of the city locations is a good option as well.

Alamo and National also operate a free bus from the airport in case you wanted to check them out.

We just used Budget April 2016

Picked car up at Miami airport and dropped off at the 17th street budget office.

It could not have been easier

parked car, got issued with a receipt

hopped on the waiting shuttle, less than 15 minutes later we were at the bag drop next to the ship

Hi all,

We have never needed to rent a car post-cruise...but will this December.

Will this be pretty doable: Carry luggage off ship as early as possible, get to a rental place, and then a few days later return rental to their airport location.

We want to get off and get going as early as quickly as possible...would a better option be to Uber to a different rental location?

Thanks

Hi all,

We have never needed to rent a car post-cruise...but will this December.

Will this be pretty doable: Carry luggage off ship as early as possible, get to a rental place, and then a few days later return rental to their airport location.

We want to get off and get going as early as quickly as possible...would a better option be to Uber to a different rental location?

Thanks

I don't see any problem with this. The earlier you get to the rental place, the less crowded it will be.