Progressive Wine Tasting

Still Cruzn

Traveling on an upcoming Breakaway cruise. Noticed in some of the online posted dailies an item listed as a progressive wine tasting at Le Bistro (fee needed of course). Wondering if anyone has done one with NCL and whether they are worth it and how much they cost? I am well educated on wines and with the less than inspiring wine by the glass offerings available with the UBP figured I would just stick to mixed drinks. Saw the wine tasting and thought I might give it a shot to get some more upscale wine offerings - even if its just a taste.

Haven't been on the Breakaway and don't know if it varies that way, but we have done a few on NCL. They are a bit of fun for us but certainly not a 'fine wine' type of experience.

We recall doing the one called Progressive and another called New World/Old World. Both cost $15.pp ($17.25 all in). It was an interesting variety. The only wines I can remember right now were Matua Valley Sauvignon Blanc, Colores del Sol, and a Beringer Cabernet. The experience varies depending on the Ship's Sommelier. On the Sun we had a great time and the Sommelier greeted us everywhere in the days that followed!