Staggered boarding

sharkaymon

1. Is there staggered boarding on Carnival Legend's July12th Alaskan Cruise?

2. If there is staggered boarding when should you expect to be notified?

3. Will you see any information about the time when you sign on to Carnival.com or will it just be by email?

Not really sure what you are asking about. Carnival boards by zones depending on when you get in the terminals. Are you asking about the new staggered check in times? If so, you choose your time, they are not assigned. They are only in a few ports now and none involve Alaska cruises.

Edited by dacsmom

We just booked a cruise on the Dream out of New Orleans for July. The online checkin includes a screen with a choice of embarkation times. We chose the earliest option. The information on that page had two rules. Don't show up earlier than your window and have all the guests for the cabin present. I'm guessing that New Orleans is an early adapter of this system. With 3900 guests it would seem best to stagger our arrival.

This issue, like once a day cabin service, is another total misrepresentation of what is really happening. THERE IS NO SUCH PROGRAM OR SYSTEM ADDRESSING STAGGERED "BOARDING" TIME. It is about staggered "CHECK-IN" time. Big difference. Get your selves educated on this. It is been hashed to death over the last few months.

This issue, like once a day cabin service, is another total misrepresentation of what is really happening. THERE IS NO SUCH PROGRAM OR SYSTEM ADDRESSING STAGGERED "BOARDING" TIME. It is about staggered "CHECK-IN" time. Big difference. Get your selves educated on this. It is been hashed to death over the last few months.

I stand corrected, Retired_to_Cruise!:roll eyes: Everyone else, please reread my original post, substituting the phrase"CHECK-IN" in the place of "BOARDING". The posts on this board are how I "educate" myself Mr. Retired_to_Cruise. Thanx to all the other responses to my uneducated post:)

I couldn't find it either....until I was almost through with the check in process. It gives you the option just before you put in your charging information and accept the terms.

Thank you! I went as far as transportation, thinking that's where it would be. I guess I'll keep going!

I stand corrected, Retired_to_Cruise!:roll eyes: Everyone else, please reread my original post, substituting the phrase"CHECK-IN" in the place of "BOARDING". The posts on this board are how I "educate" myself Mr. Retired_to_Cruise. Thanx to all the other responses to my uneducated post:)

If this is the place you decided to get your cruise education, then you are destined to continually be rolling your eyes. Hope you can get them back into their rightful position each time you have to do that.

We recently booked the Vista for next May. Where do I pick our check in time? I can't find it anywhere. Is it too early?

We are also on the Vista and there has not yet been an option to pick a check-in time

I couldn't find it either....until I was almost through with the check in process. It gives you the option just before you put in your charging information and accept the terms.

There were 2 questions about check-in time (One for Vista, one for Legend) Were you able to select a check-in time for Vista sailing ?