aft cabin balcony door

Laurab23

Last year on Summit when we sat on the balcony the door kept sliding back and forth. Any way to keep it from happening when we cruise next week? It was very annoying to try and hold it open or shut when we were out there sitting in our chairs.

Laura

Last year on Summit when we sat on the balcony the door kept sliding back and forth. Any way to keep it from happening when we cruise next week? It was very annoying to try and hold it open or shut when we were out there sitting in our chairs.

Laura

Our door on the Constellation would do the same thing. I brought a bungee cord to hold it open (it locked closed just fine). This past week on the Solstice I brought my cord but didn't need it. Both ships I had an aft facing cabin.

Our door on the Constellation would do the same thing. I brought a bungee cord to hold it open (it locked closed just fine). This past week on the Solstice I brought my cord but didn't need it. Both ships I had an aft facing cabin.

How did you keep it open with a bungee cord?

Laura

To open the door, move the handle up. When it's in the position you want, move the handle down again and it locks in place. To move it again, move the handle up. And so on. Not that complicated and no cord needed. If the door is broken, call Guest Relations.

How did you keep it open with a bungee cord?

Laura

There was a small knob/handle on the stationary piece of the door. Clipped one end of the bungee cord to that, wrapped it through the door handle and back to the knob/handle. Be sure it's snug or the door will still move and the cord will pull it back too fast. Some people have used the belt from their bathrobes.

I've actually read here, by some more experienced cruisers, that the deck 11 Aqua cabins - aft- on M class - that the doors do not stay shut/open when you are on the balcony. It was advised to bring a bungee cord. I believe that you bungee from the handle to the inside of the cabin - behind the curtain area. Not totally certain but we have our bungee packed! :D

Edited by Jane2357

To open the door, move the handle up. When it's in the position you want, move the handle down again and it locks in place. To move it again, move the handle up. And so on. Not that complicated and no cord needed. If the door is broken, call Guest Relations.

This worked fine on the Solstice, not on either trip we took on the Constellation. The handle moved like it was supposed but didn't lock hard enough to keep the door open. Locked closed just fine. Haven't been on the Connie on year and maybe they've fixed the problem, bit there used to be whole threads about the doors on that ship not locking open - or worse sliding closed behind you and locking you out. Happened to my wife, luckily I was in the room.

I've actually read here, by some more experienced cruisers, that the deck 11 Aqua cabins - aft- on M class - that the doors do not stay shut/open when you are on the balcony. It was advised to bring a bungee cord. I believe that you bungee from the handle to the inside of the cabin - behind the curtain area. Not totally certain but we have our bungee packed! :D

You must have been writing the same time I was. We were deck 11 aft facing both times on the Connie and that is what we did.

We had a Constellation deck 11 AQ cabin. I brought a two foot bungee cord after having read the tip on CC. It worked like a charm. There was a small knob on the fixed side as JimHam4 said. Looped it around the knob and both hooks fastened on the left door frame.

Here's a pic.

Connie%20bungee%20cord_zpsfrpbrmfs.jpg

Edited by ChucktownSteve

We had a Constellation deck 11 AQ cabin. I brought a two foot bungee cord after having read the tip on CC. It worked like a charm. There was a small knob on the fixed side as JimHam4 said. Looped it around the knob and both hooks fastened on the left door frame.

Here's a pic.

Awesome! Thanks for posting this. Can't tell you how much I learn from others here on CC.

Here's a pic.

Thanks so much for the visual aid. That really helps!