Hawaii/Tahiti or Tahiti/Hawaii

Aloha

Need advise from those experienced on which repositioning cruise to book. Start in Tahiti and end in Hawaii or the opposite?

Thanks

Shelly

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2005;02;13;20;0;00&timezone=GMT-1000

02/13/05 Pride of Aloha

Norweigan Wind 03/03

Norweigan Star 10/03

Coral Princess 04/04

Not wild about flying, so I would opt for the longest flight pre-cruise - thinking I can relax and recharge my batteries on board.

That way, I would have the shorter flight home -leaving me more refreshed. I prefer not to end a vacation feeling exhausted!

Michael

[This message was edited by Druke I on 05-08-04 at 04:10 PM.]

What a glorious dilemma to be in!! Tahiti first or Hawaii........I don't see how you can go wrong. Lucky you!

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001

Grand Princess, Western,April 2002

Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004

We had the same problems a few years ago, couldn't decide so we did a back to back. lol

Sure wish it was going from Hawaii to Tahiti and return instead of the other way around, we might consider it again because the flight to and from Hawaii is much nicer than the flight from or to Tahiti.

A lovely cruise, I know you will enjoy it.

Tahitian Princess 10/14/04

RCI-Legend of the Seas 3/27/05 Panama Canal.

One Phantom Booking still open with Princess.

Besides the airplane flight discussed above, the two enviornments are quite different. Tahiti is like Hawaii 75 years ago. No big shopping centers, highrises etc. While Papeete, the capital is busy, on the other islands, there are no "cities", just a few supermarkets and gas stations. The resorts in Tahiti are spread out from another, not wall to wall like Hawaii.

So it depends too on how you want to end the cruise. If shopping is your thing, then Hawaii is it. If you want to save the most spectacular scenery for last, then Tahiti is it. The scenery in Hawaii will pale in comparison to Tahiti.

Thanks

Norm

Norm and Maureen Reeder

NCL Sunward 1982,Eastern Carribbean, Sky Princess 1989, New England, Holland America Westerdam 1992, Panama Canal, Sun Princess 1996, Panama Canal, Rennaissance R-3 1999, Tahiti, Grand Princess, 2000 Mediterranean, Sea Princess 2001, Mexican Riviera, Grand Princess Oct 2002, Eastern and Western Carribbean, Tahitian Princess Sep, 2003, Golden Princess Southern Carribbean, May, 2004

We just received a good offer from Princess for a 10 day cruise in the Polynesian and Cook Islands, but how does anyone afford the airfare? I did a search and it would cost my husband and I over $8000 to fly to Papeete! This is my dream cruise, but no matter how inexpensive it is, the airfare is ridiculous! We would be flying out of Louisville, Ky. Does anyone have any suggestions on cheaper airfare?

Pamzywamsy,

We are leaving for the Tahitian Princess in 2 weeks. We are flying from Baltimore to LA on our own and then from LA to Tahiti through Princess. Our air was quite reasonable doing it that way.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Does anyone have any suggestions on cheaper airfare? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Our airfare through Princess, on ATN, was a great deal cheaper than booking directly with the airline.

Future cruises:

May 04 Amsterdam

Sept. 04 Star Princess x 2

Jan. 05 Diamond Princess

July 05 Star Princess

Aug. 05 Star Pincess

Past cruises:

04 Dawn Princess x 2

03 Grand,Sun,Tahitian,

Royal Princess x 2,Island Princess

01 Ryndam x 2

00 Sky Princess

79 Sitmar's Fairwind

Thanks to all for your input. I'm going with Tahiti first and Hawaii last. Would rather get the longest flight time out of the way.

Shelly

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2005;02;13;20;0;00&timezone=GMT-1000

02/13/05 Pride of Aloha

Norweigan Wind 03/03

Norweigan Star 10/03

Coral Princess 04/04

Aloha

We're booked on the 4/12/2005 Tahiti to Hawaii and really looking forward to it.

Nieuw Amsterdam 12/97

Destiny 9/99

Inspiration 10/00

Destiny 12/01

Legend (Transatlantic) 9/02

Pride Transcanal 9/03

Conquest 01/04

Glory 9/04

Tahitian Princess 4/05

Archived