Change to Sail-Away North Star Reservations

Not sure if this has already been reported, forgive me.

I just got an onboard message that my 5pm sail-away North Star reservation had to be changed, due to Bahama and US regulations. Anything within an hour of entering or leaving port was rescheduled to a sea day, super early in the morning.

Cruise Planner is still offering these as valid reservation times, so if you're booked within an hour of port, change it now to something that works with your schedule. Or risk being scheduled for 7:30am...

I just got an onboard message that my 5pm sail-away North Star reservation had to be changed, due to Bahama and US regulations. Anything within an hour of entering or leaving port was rescheduled to a sea day, super early in the morning.

Cruise Planner is still offering these as valid reservation times, so if you're booked within an hour of port, change it now to something that works with your schedule. Or risk being scheduled for 7:30am...

Thanks for the warning! I am still leaning towards doing it while docked at the port (I will make sure NOT to schedule it within an hour of sail away)

I am not thrilled with heights and I was told, I could be wrong tho, that it does not go over the sides of the ship while in port!!

Thanks for the warning! I am still leaning towards doing it while docked at the port (I will make sure NOT to schedule it within an hour of sail away)

I am not thrilled with heights and I was told, I could be wrong tho, that it does not go over the sides of the ship while in port!!

North Star does not go over the side of the ship while in port. It goes up and side to side but not over the side. The ride is very smooth, much like a very slow elevator. It may be helpful to not look down - just look straight out if heights frighten you. I never thought that I would do the North Star - but I did and it was AWESOME!!

We had North Star scheduled with in a half hour of leaving Bermuda....they rescheduled us to a sea day at 9 AM. If I remember correctly North Star starts at 9 AM. I have seen them doing test runs early but not with passengers on it.

It never showed up in the app as rescheduled so we had to remember. The original reservation was never deleted from the app either.

BTW don't rely too much on the app....it's inconsistent with info and sometimes doesn't match what is in the cruise planner or your reservations.