Royal Private Journey

Alaska on Explorer in August. I was on RCCL website on excursions and saw a link to it. They want you to email for info. I just wanted to know if anyone knew about it without going to that extent yet.

Essentially the Shore Excursion managers aboard each ship have shoreside contacts with third party companies who have a host of "private" activities. I've taken advantage of this multiple times, in that they've set up some pretty fun activities:

- Beautiful day rooms at the Intercontinental Presidente Cozumel with full access to their amenities and beach.

- Private speed boat snorkeling tour and trip to St. Johns (from St. Thomas).

- Gorgeous day in St. Maarten at Loterie Farm where we had a private cabana and jacuzzi.

One thing to note is that the price point for these excursions can be a lot higher via the ship. Sometimes it's worth pricing out on your own before booking through the cruise line. Having said that, when you go through RC its all done pretty seamlessly and you have a contact on hand at the pier to assist you and should there be problems, you have recourse through the ship since it's billed to your room. Plus you know that it's a reputable service.