What I hate about an X cruise...

Danno

I have no love whatsoever for the ya-ya's at corporate. They are the most useless bunch of monkeys you will ever have to deal with.

Sorry that you have had a bad experience.

However I must put in a word of praise here (though uncalled for under this thread.) Every time I book, I email my contact at RCI/Celebrity concerning my stockholder's credit. I get confirmation of my credit in as little as one day AND... on the last occasion, when I praised the quick response of my contact and RCI's perk of the credit, I found a bottle of Cabernet in the cabin I had booked only one week before. (note.. it was my 7th request for the credit this year so this was perhaps a bit of a reward but totally unexpected and above the call of duty.)

The only problem I have had with the front office is the inability of dockside personell to communicate with their shipboard counterparts. On numerous occasions I have had to re-register my charge card on the second last cruise day because of the incorrect currency designation... They want to charge fees for changing my account to Canadian dollars even though I tell them I have an American $ charge card. This occurs on every cruise but Princess commits the same error even when explained prior to sailing.

What's wrong with me? I loved the art on Infinity, it made us laugh, gave us something to talk about and it certainly was eye-catching!

The only thing I hate about X or all but one (starts with a C) of the cruise lines we have sailed on it that we have to get off the ship. The C one, I tried to run off as soon as we docked.

Don't remember anyone trying to sell me any water during 14 days on Zenith last March....guess I was just having too much fun ! One thing I really haven't understood, though. Why did Celebrity decide to abandon going out of port at Jacksonville....anyone know for sure?? We're now booked on two HAL cruises (12/27/05 and 3/19/06) going out of Tampa. Wish those could have been Celebrity instead. We're on Celebrity 11/26/05 but it's going out of Ft. Lauderdale.....and that's a lotta OPEC gas to have to burn. :confused: :confused: :confused:

The underpowered yet too hot to hold hair dryers.

That took twenty minutes to think of so I guess I'm still in that cruise induced state of bliss.

BTW, on the Mercury last week I had to specifically ask for bottled water (it was Evian, I think) in the dining room. So perhaps there is hope that you have been heard, Garry, at least on a certain C class ship.

Susan

Archived