Hamburg Disembarkation time

kcksoccer9

I am sailing on the Queen Mary 2 fjords cruise August 18-30. It looks like we are scheduled to arrive back in Hamburg at 6AM on Aug 30. How fast is disembarkation in Hamburg if you do the self-disembarkation? I am trying to see what is the earliest time I could book at flight that morning. Cunard recommends no earlier than 11:30 but that seems a little too cautious. Could I make a 9AM or 10AM flight?

Even 11.30 seems a little "cutting it fine" to me, but if goes well and smoothly, you should be fine.

I'd allow time for transport delays to the airport, traffic jams. Then there is checking in, etc, etc.

Remember that it is showing 6.00 arrival now, if that scheduled time changes by half-an-hour between now and August...

And if the ship is an hour late arriving (not unheard of), or there is an unforseen delay in allowing passengers to disembark...

If it were me, I'd have a very early breakfast on board, self-disembark as soon as possible, and not plan on a flight before 11.30 (are you flying home, or within Europe?).

Why spoil the end of a relaxing cruise with stress, clock-watching and worry?

Whatever you do, have a great time on board QM2! :)

Edited by pepperrn

Tend to agree with Cunard! After disembarkation I would calculate ca. 1hrs drive to the airport due to traffic in the mornings and you have to cross the city. Plus check-in and security at the airport. And QM2-arriving times in Hamburg are approximate also depending on the tide. Can tell you that as I put the alarm to be at the banks of river Elbe and watch her coming in whenever possible ;-)... sometime she is early but sometimes she is late!