How to get on-board credit after price drop

cruzbear

I'm hoping to get some pointers as to the best way to get on-board credit (or even a refund) from Norwegian. This is our first time on NCL, so we're unfamiliar with their practices. We booked in October for a cruise in June, and recently noticed the price has come down considerably since then. Other lines have been accommodating in this regard, but I would appreciate any tips for doing this with NCL. For what it's worth, we used a travel agent for booking this trip.

Thanks for any help.

Good luck. If its after final payment they drop the price to fill the ship and I haven't had any success getting anything except a room upgrade if the price dropped enough to offset the upgrade cost.

I'm hoping to get some pointers as to the best way to get on-board credit (or even a refund) from Norwegian. This is our first time on NCL, so we're unfamiliar with their practices. We booked in October for a cruise in June, and recently noticed the price has come down considerably since then. Other lines have been accommodating in this regard, but I would appreciate any tips for doing this with NCL. For what it's worth, we used a travel agent for booking this trip.

Thanks for any help.

Uh what cruise line has been accommodating in this manner? RCCL, Princess, and Carnival are not I can attest to that :) Once final payment is made, you are SOL in the cruise industry no one I know of makes adjustments. The whole business model is built this way they sell what they can at a high price to people that want to guarantee a certain cabin or class, then final payment comes and goes, then they drop the prices to fill the ship with people who want the best deal but don't necessarily care which cabin they get. You can't have both worlds.

You are after the final payment date, so it's very unlikely that you will get anything. If you want, you could call your travel agent, but I think the answer will be the same.

The same thing happens on airlines, if there are lots of empty seats, the ticket price drops as the date approaches. People who booked a long time ago don't get compensation for the price drop.

Thanks for any help.

You likely won't get onboard credit but if you want to upgrade your room and the next category came down enough so that it is cheap or free to do that they will likely do that for you.

If you searched the forum on the subject you may have seen that many, as in I my case as recently as October, 2015 could get 25% of price difference as OBC - if you had a good relationship with your PCC. That seems to be a thing of the past now as I have not seen any mention of it happening for many months.

I got a 25% onboard credit in late April for a May 7th sailing - way past final payment. I originally asked about an upgrade but they wanted to give me a gty which I didn't want. I had to specifically ask for the credit - nothing was offered without asking.

Keep in mind, most of these much cheaper fares you see for sailing dates close in are for GTY categories which are excluded from the free at sea promotions. So if you choose to upgrade or the such to those rates you will most likely lose your free at sea amenity(s).

-Matt