Restaurants on Infinity

mpickett2000

I could write all day icon_smile.gif in response to your question as there really is so much choice at different time of the day and whether you are enquiring about "main meals" or daytime/breakfast/evening/snacks etc!!

But here are my memories from our Infinity cruise in Jan 2004:

Breakfast - main dining room included items such as smoked salmon bagels / kippers / eggs benedict plus usual breakfast fayre. People walked round with trays of pastries all the time.

Breakfast Buffet - fruits/varied fish dishes / loads of different types of breads / usuals such as corned beef hash/saugages/bacon etc

One of my favourite breakfast alternatives: Cova Cafe freshly baked pastries/croissants with coffees (coffees you pay for in Cova Cafe)

Lunch: there is a "fresh cook" stand in the Ocean Grill offering a special of the day such as pasta etc. Plus a soup/sandwich stand that will make panini/sandwiches to order. Plus the usual buffet - with a fish choice and different meat choices / chinese choices / pasta choices / cold platter meats-fish-cheese, and loads of lovely looking desserts. Nearby on this deck is the Pizza/burger/dog stand by the pool; and the ice-cream bar with great ice-creams. I believe the pool food/ice-cream was available most of the day.

You can get pastries/cakes from the Cova Cafe most of the day from memory also.

Evenings, other than the main dining room, was the Ocean Grill buffet, which I believe also offered Sushi in the evening also (but alas I never made it there, but I plan to on my next Infinity cruise June 05 icon_wink.gif) Perhaps others can comment on the evening food offering there.

Then there was the SS United States - but I can't find the menu at the moment. From memory, everyone raved about their goats cheese souffle appetiser. I had the fish soup followed by monkfish wrapped in panacetta and the surprise pudding, which turned out to be a cross section of about 8 miniature desserts , my husband has the rack of lamb,....sadly can't remember any more of the menus here, but the food was wonderful, and on our secon return to the speciality restaurant, the chef specially prepared Lobster Thermidor for me on Lobster night icon_wink.gif(ordered in advance).

Well what more can I say - there really is something for everyone throughout the day, either on room service or at any of the restaurants.

The last night midnight buffet is the most spectacular I have seen, but sadly we only finished dinner an hour before and was too full to eat another morsel!

Nearly forgot to mention the Aquaspa food - again I never ate there, but they offered salads/grilled foods/light lunchs and healthy buffet food is their main offering. Lots of people were complimentary of the food on offer there also. I think only lunch was on offer, but I'm sure other people can correct me here also.

Oh I'm making myself hungry now!

Enjoy.

Linda,

There you are. We leave tomorrow evening for London. I was so pleased to see your post. If you and Chris would like to have dinner we'll be at the Royal Horseguards Wednesday afternoon. Remember, George and I wanted to take you out for all your kindnesses. Ring us up at the hotel and leave a message if you are available. We're there for three nights.

Kind Regards,

Joan

Hi Joan (Ma Bell) What a lovely surprise to see your note!!

I have been "off" the boards for a few months as no cruises booked and really busy at work, but have recently just booked us back on the Infinity 9th June 2005 Alaska cruise S/Francisco to Vancouver....so here I am again surfing cruise critic!

As things stand, potentially the only evening we could meet with you is Wednesday as my brother gets married this Friday 4th so I am away in the West of England Thurs/Fri.

Pls bear with us as we need to see if we can change our work commitments in order to be able to meet with you Wed evening. I'll post here again early tomorrow with a reply and also leave a message for you at your hotel just in case.

It would be lovely to meet with you both again.

Just in case we don't get to meet, do have a look at this restaurant website for Covent Garden in London - I'm sure you'll love it for an evening dinner on their (heated) piazza right on Covent Garden Square- great for people watching and also seeing the street entertainers there.

They are always busy - so do book (you can book online) https://www.rockgarden.co.uk/6/index.htm

Will be in touch! Linda & Chris

Linda,

I'm so happy you saw the post. It would be wonderful to see you.

Mpickett2000,

I was going to answer your post but Linda gave such a thorough answer there wasn't much to add. One thing, the alternative dining is on deck 10 at the rear of the buffet area. If you want a little more casual atmosphere for dinner you can book a table here in the evening. The tables are set very nicely and you are served a menu that is similar to the regular dining but with more limited choices. It is customary for the servers to receive a $2.50 per person gratuity.

This is not the specialty restaurant which is very upscale and carries a $30 per person surcharge. It is a lovely experience and I highly recommend you give it a try.

Joan - we will sadly be unable to meet with you as I can't change a work meeting scheduled for Wed afternoon taking place 180 miles away from London.

Weather forecast for London is a pleasant 20-22 deg C, mix of blue skies and clouds - with Friday forecasted to be the best day for sunshine & walking!

Have a WONDERFUL time! Do try and take a trip on the London Eye at dusk (8pm) if it's a clear sky evening - it takes half an hour to do the full turn on the wheel - and it's a wonderful view.

Hope our paths will cross at some future date. Have you been to Alaska!? (June 05)

Kind rgds Linda & Chris

Hi Linda,

Sorry to hear we won't be seeing you. Yes, I have been to Alaska many times. It's one of my favorite cruises. We will be doing a repositioning cruise on Sep 16 2005 on Summit.

It's two weeks and does the inside passage from Vancouver and then goes to Victoria, Seattle, San Francisco, Catalina Island and ends in San Diego. It is wonderful. Any way you might consider this one? Not only do you see the beauty of Alaska but the coast cities of California. It's really a great cruise.

Kind regards to you and Chris,

Joan

Archived