Opinions Please - Dining Waitlist

SummerXU

For our cruise in September, both early and late are available. YTD is waitlisted. I really wanted to try YTD this cruise, but I definitely don't want stuck with early dining. Should I get on the YTD waitlist and take the gamble that I might end up with early? Or should I go with the sure bet and take late?

I would go with your second choice and then request your first choice when you board. I also want open seating but went with early seating because of a health issue my husband would fall asleep in his soup with late dining.

You can take late and get put on the waitlist for YTD.

We are waitlisted for early and have YTD, I'm not a fan of YTD and my kids are not a fan of eating late...lol, hoping we can get cleared when we board otherwise it's not going to be fun.

This happened to us. Select the dining time you want and then check back as often as you can. (I did it a couple times a day) By checking everyday we were able to grab YTD as soon as a slot opened up. I guess someone switched to a fix time after thinking about it.

Where do you change it? We booked through a TA and when I called to ask they said the TA had to call to get any information, so I am guessing I cannot fix it myself.

I have 7 in my group. My H and I did YTD on the Fascination in January and waited over an hour every night for a table for 2, no way will I do that with a 3 year old!

Where do you change it? We booked through a TA and when I called to ask they said the TA had to call to get any information, so I am guessing I cannot fix it myself.

I have 7 in my group. My H and I did YTD on the Fascination in January and waited over an hour every night for a table for 2, no way will I do that with a 3 year old!

You can do it through Carnival's website, but since you are booked through a TA, you probably don't have that access.

I would go with your second choice and then request your first choice when you board. I also want open seating but went with early seating because of a health issue my husband would fall asleep in his soup with late dining.

This happened to us. Select the dining time you want and then check back as often as you can. (I did it a couple times a day) By checking everyday we were able to grab YTD as soon as a slot opened up. I guess someone switched to a fix time after thinking about it.

These are very good points. It's better to have my second choice (late) than my 3rd choice (early). I'm going to pick late and keep checking for YTD to open up. If not, we can always check with the maitre'd once onboard.

You can do it through Carnival's website, but since you are booked through a TA, you probably don't have that access.

The Oct cruise I also booked through a TA and I have an edit button for dining, but the cruise this month does not and never has...oh well, I'm still holding out hope they can fit us in for early. Just read that parties of 6 or more usually have more than an hour wait and have to be split...I will be an unhappy cruiser if that happens. We'll end up never eating in the dining room and I'm treating my mom to her first cruise and I really want her to have the dining experience!

You can actually be put on a wait list for the dining you want. So pick your 2nd choice, and then call whoever you booked to get on the wait list for your first choice. If space opens up before your cruise, then you will automatically be placed in the dining you wait listed. If space doesn't open up, talk to the Maitre D when you get on board.

We went to the main dining room as soon as we boarded and tried to change from YTD to late or late to YTD, as my brother had booked one and I booked the other. We didn't care which one as long as we were together.

They wouldn't change anything for us, but told us to just show up at late and they would find us a table, which they did the couple of nights we ate in MDR.