What shore excursions are best for Alaska

We took a float plane up into Misty Fjord when in Ketchikan....best excursion ever! We did not book through the ship, but went to the information center in the port and booked there for half the price. Our pilot landed on the lake up at the top, and let people get out on the pontoons...incredible experience!

Thanks for the tip, put me on the ship. We were looking at this excursion earlier but decided not to do it since it is quite expensive ($450 listed on NCL per person). Now you are getting us excited knowing there is a better deal out there for half the price [emoji1]

Thanks for the tip, put me on the ship. We were looking at this excursion earlier but decided not to do it since it is quite expensive ($450 listed on NCL per person). Now you are getting us excited knowing there is a better deal out there for half the price [emoji1]

Hey N55cruiser! We have a Roll Call for your cruise. You are welcome to join us.:)

Click on the link....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50048788

We took a float plane up into Misty Fjord when in Ketchikan....best excursion ever! We did not book through the ship, but went to the information center in the port and booked there for half the price. Our pilot landed on the lake up at the top, and let people get out on the pontoons...incredible experience!

The Misty Fjords Cruise & Fly is about $450. That involves a small boat cruise one way and a plane back. I think the "half price" must be the flight both ways excursion. Not the same thing.

That being said , I would choose the all flight one for sure.

Funny, I thought there was an all flying tour earlier on the NCL.....must have sold out.

put me on the ship,....did you fly Taquan Air , Island Wings, or someone else?

Edited by Tinknock50

You can also book that a head of time with companies like Island Air.....

http://www.islandwings.com/misty-fjords---glaciers-flightseeing-tours.html