Someone missed the ship in Bermuda

hladygirl

We were on the Summit and DH watched this play out. He saw the crew shouting for the first tardy group to RUN - which they did not. Then he saw the two final runners get on board. Lastly, the lady came down the pier but the Breakaway had already pushed off and did not return for her. The Summit did not pick her up.

When we saw the Breakaway leaving the NY Harbor on Sunday, DH recalled the event and wondered how and when that lady made it back. If you don't have your passport with you, things could get complicated and expensive very quickly.

It's just absolutely dumb and ignorant people!

It happens on any mass market ship! Just to note, it will get very expensive! You have to pay for your own flights, if you even get there without passport! Mostly people are in bathing outfits, which makes a flight in the wintertime from San Juan to Toronto FUN!

I had more shares of things happening in my ships career then one can think off! All we do is packing up your stuff and load it onto the pier.

IT IS YOUR responsibility to be on time on board!!!

My husband and I were on the Carnival Sunshine over the weekend in Nassau. We were in port with 5 other ships, including the Norwegian Sky. We watched 2 runners (a young couple) who missed getting back on the Sky before she departed. The woman sat down in the middle of the docking area and had a break down. Last I saw them, they were headed for the tug boats. Was checking the boards today to see if there was any mention if they ever got back to the ship. I can't even imagine! That's why we always plan to get back to the ship early!

There's always a local pilot in Bermuda, so there will have to be a pilot transfer at some point (unless the pilot is handling next poc as well, which can happen)

That's true in every port, but I strongly doubt the Pilot boat would take late passengers out to the ship. The transfer from the Pilot boat to the ship is not an easy one, and can be very dangerous if the seas are running. I doubt the port pilots would accept the responsibility for the passenger's safety.