Anthem DD Choice w/out Reservations

I'm just curious to see what others have experienced on Anthem with DD choice and not having reservations? How long did you have to wait to be seated? We normally like to have dinner around 5:30pm or 6-ish.

Also, if we are a party of four, would we have our own table, or possibly sit with others?

Thanks!

You can always reserve when you are aboard ship. No problem at all. And when you want to, you'll always be with just the four of you

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Edited by Bril

I heard that a few people got turned away or had to wait if they didn't have reservations, but we never saw this happen. There was only one line and they seemed to be seating in line order regardless of whether people had reservations or not. The hostess told us that if there was room they just seat people. We always ate at 6:00-6:15 and we never had to wait in line for more than a couple of minutes (we had reservations, but there wasn't a different line).

It might have been busier at other times and maybe that's when people had to wait, but I doubt even then they waited for more than a few minutes.

The seem to have this organized really well.

There were also people where were always at the same table number, just at a different restaurant each night. They also had the same wait staff. So they rotated through restaurants, but didn't even stand in line at all (they just went to their table each night). I think this was for people that prefer the more traditional MDR setting so they would always sit with the same people and have the same waiters.

The food was really good and service was mostly excellent. I loved breakfast in Chic (steak and eggs was really good and wife like eggs benedict).

We had no complaints about the food or service in any of the restaurants. The Windjammer does get crowded at times, but we never waited more than a couple of minutes (breakfast or lunch) to get into Chic.

Tom

I heard that a few people got turned away or had to wait if they didn't have reservations, but we never saw this happen. There was only one line and they seemed to be seating in line order regardless of whether people had reservations or not. The hostess told us that if there was room they just seat people. We always ate at 6:00-6:15 and we never had to wait in line for more than a couple of minutes (we had reservations, but there wasn't a different line).

It might have been busier at other times and maybe that's when people had to wait, but I doubt even then they waited for more than a few minutes.

The seem to have this organized really well.

There were also people where were always at the same table number, just at a different restaurant each night. They also had the same wait staff. So they rotated through restaurants, but didn't even stand in line at all (they just went to their table each night). I think this was for people that prefer the more traditional MDR setting so they would always sit with the same people and have the same waiters.

The food was really good and service was mostly excellent. I loved breakfast in Chic (steak and eggs was really good and wife like eggs benedict).

We had no complaints about the food or service in any of the restaurants. The Windjammer does get crowded at times, but we never waited more than a couple of minutes (breakfast or lunch) to get into Chic.

Tom

Thank you for this info Tom! It makes me feel much better! You and I were on the same booking on Adventure last year if you recall. Seems we are traveling ships in the same order! ;)

I'm glad you had a nice time....27 more days and we'll be giving her a try! :)

Yes! That Adventure cruise was my favorite ever! I loved it!

Tom

Thank you for this info Tom! It makes me feel much better! You and I were on the same booking on Adventure last year if you recall. Seems we are traveling ships in the same order! ;)

I'm glad you had a nice time....27 more days and we'll be giving her a try! :)