luggage tags

georgia1980

Are the luggage tags scanned or do they just take to rooms? We are getting ready for ours and just was going to get them ready, but discovered they are too big for our holder we have. Was wondering if we could just tape all around them, instead of going out and buying more. These were some others have given us for gifts.

Are the luggage tags scanned or do they just take to rooms? We are getting ready for ours and just was going to get them ready, but discovered they are too big for our holder we have. Was wondering if we could just tape all around them, instead of going out and buying more. These were some others have given us for gifts.

I'm pretty sure they're scanned. I just put some packaging tape on it before making the folds, then they're waterproofed and still foldable. Works well for us.

I have never seen them scanned. They take them and plop them in a big container. Besides, if you don't have luggage tags because you forgot them or don't have a cabin assignment, then they hand write them at the pier.

Airlines - yes. Never saw scanning of any type on any of my cruises.

We use packing tape on the tags and then staple them to the luggage.

That's how we have always done it. Lots of tape and then staple. But, now, I found tags at amazon.com, that have a great way to attach, hard to describe. If you put Carnival cruise luggage tags in the search, it brings it right up. Think about $8. for 12. Gave some as stocking stuffers for Christmas, and don't remember exact price. The Carnival tag when folded as required fits exactly in the clear plastic holder. I am always leery about lost tags and luggage. One bag of ours was in lost and found as stapled came off. But, have to admit, I still stapled on an extra one like always. :)