Room location help please

pearle1

Hello all ~ I am planning a cruise on the Magic in January 2017 with my mom and looking for opinions - trying to keep the cost down this time - and were thinking of doing an interior this time - But for about 250$ more we could try the cove balcony . Any thoughts on this ??? Which would you pick - any opinions would be appreciated !! Thanks

I have sailed on the Dream in a cove balcony. We had room 2337 and 2341, no noise at all and a great location on the Dream. For the $250.00 I would do it in a heartbeat. Being close to the water is awesome. Well worth it in my opinion.

Edited by fuzzmane

$250 total for the both of you? So, for $125 each, I'd got for it. Another option might be one of the rooms at the very front, cheaper but has a window, OR an interior on an upper such as the Lido deck.

If I was really trying to keep the cost down I'd go with the least expensive option and not look at the other options. But if the cove balcony is on your bucket list and you think it's worth an extra $18 per day per person to have it then go for it. I've gone from OVs to balconies to portholes depending on the situation. If you think you and your mom will spend time on the balcony and enjoy it then go for it. If you think you will want to be out on deck and doing activities outside the room it might not be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are far enough out there will probably be price drops between now and then so I would book the cove and watch for drops. Maybe you will get lucky and it will be even cheaper with holiday sales etc. So you will get the room you want and an even better deal on it.

I always say this is the time I am going cheap and booking an inside room. But the difference between inside and OV is usually only $100 or so and for that price I just can't bring myself to sleep in the closet so I always book at least an OV. For $250 total I would enjoy that cove balcony if I had the extra money. If not I'd cut it down the middle and book a OV which is probably in the $100 range an watch the cove prices which would hopefully drop (or if I came up with extra money later) and bump up into a cove if the opportunity arose.

Thank you all so much for your feedback / much appreciated ! I will talk to my mom and tell her what people are saying. The last cruise we went on we did have a balcony on the 9th deck - and we really liked it ! I have only been on a couple of cruises , and have had the balcony . I'm sure we would be fine with the interior , but there is just something so nice about having s balcony to sit out on !!

We stayed in cove #2256 on the Dream. It was really quiet (under the Shore Excursions desk) and really convenient (next to the atrium elevators/stairs). Would book that location again in a heartbeat. And I loved, loved, loved the cove balcony!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by bakersdozen12

If it were me, I would probably go with a porthole room, cheaper than half the insides, but a much bigger room & an outside view. I'm not much of a balcony person, but I did enjoy the cove balcony. If you get one, stay forward of the midship elevators to avoid being below the noisy galley. We were below the midship dining room, which is perfect. It's empty all night long.

My husband and I upgraded to a cove balcony from an ocean view, when the price dropped and ended up being below my original price for the OV. But I wouldn't do it again.

While it was nice to have the balcony, to get fresh air and be so close to the water....we didn't fully enjoy it. All surfaces...floor, railing and furniture...were constantly covered in a sticky film from salt spray. We couldn't sit out there without wiping everything down every time. Not relaxing!

I might in future try a balcony on a higher deck, but I won't go back to a cove. I'm probably in a very small minority for saying this!