Laptop Internet Access on Conquest

DH30

I have read that you can get wireless internet access on Carnival ships. Has anyone ever done this. I have read up on the Carnival web site that I can rent a wirelss internet card from Carnival for $10.00 per day and then rent blocks of internet minutes. I will have to use the laptop in "close proximity" to the internet cafe. My question is has anyone ever done this and what was your opinion of the service? My mother-in-law is having some medical problems and I forsee the need to stay in contact with them throughout the week.

I used the wireless service on Conquest 9/18. I had my own laptop (they offered two types of plans: one for internet cafe users (using the ship's machines) and wireless access for those of us with our own (same $ just not interchangeable).

It was pretty good; a little slow at times with the occasional timeout. Went down for about an hour one day (we were cruising around Hurricane Rita and that affected it a little bit). A couple recommendations tho: type your emails out in a word processor before logging in will save you minutes and copy your emails to a word processor before hitting send just in case the connection flakes on you so you can just repost and try again.

Having your own laptop too means you can skip the line of folks waiting for a free machine; I'd go down and there'd be a line out the door and I'd just go to one of the three wireless only desks and plug in. I'm not sure that the lines are typical--this was after they'd announced we'd be coming home a couple days late and folks were trying to contact family, work, and airlines.

Archived