Room 438?

BlancaNoir

Does anyone have any input on room 438? Our TA assigned us this room. We are in the Oceanview category (window), and there are 3 of us.

Is this above the engines? Is it loud? Vibrations? :confused:

It looks like it is at the end of the hall on deck 4 . . . anyone have any thoughts on location? Is is a far walk?

Would appreciate any advice on this room, or others in that category!!

Does anyone have any input on room 438? Our TA assigned us this room. We are in the Oceanview category (window), and there are 3 of us.

Is this above the engines? Is it loud? Vibrations? :confused:

It looks like it is at the end of the hall on deck 4 . . . anyone have any thoughts on location? Is is a far walk?

Would appreciate any advice on this room, or others in that category!!

I haven't stayed in that cabin, but have stayed in others on deck 4 for something like 35 days. In general deck 4 is our favourite on the PG, although on one cruise we got a deal and were in a penthouse.

You will be in the middle of the ship, and being on deck 4 your cabin will have the least motion due to high seas of them all.

The ship is small, and you are never far from anything. You are very close to the aft elevators. Getting to the forward elevators and reception is maybe 50 yards or so.

There is another deck, 3, below you, with the machinery below that. I've never been aware of engine noise or vibration in any of the cabins I've been in on this deck.

Although the cabin is small, the naval architects did a spectacular job and the space is all usable. Wendy calls them the "tiny perfect cabins." We have friends who have sailed with their 20-something daughter in those cabins and they got along fine. So 3 in the cabin shouldn't be a problem.

Finally (!) on other ships balconies are very important to Wendy, to me not so much. But on this ship we like going topside: the views are more panoramic than a balcony would be, and that's where the pool bar is. So she wouldn't use a balcony much if we had one.

Enjoy! As you can tell, I am a super-fan of this ship.

I have been in 432 and 427. Love the rooms. Like the poster above said you don't need a balcony on this ship. We enjoy the bar at the pool. Great place to meet your fellow guests. We're book in 427 again for the reunion cruise. Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you!! Appreciate the posts - very helpful. And thanks too, to those who have posted a lot on these boards (esp Edmee, Wendythewanderer and husband, flightmedic, and others!) . I've read many years of posts and found so much invaluable info!