Disembarking in Barbados

Badders

Cruising in July from Barbados but a bit concerned about how late you can stay onboard ship in Barbados before disembarking (Our flight home is at 5pm).

Can anyone advise

Is this one of the cruises that departs from Barbados on Fascination? That looks like a pretty normal itinerary. So I assume normal debarkation procedure. They want you out of your cabin pretty early (8:30 AM maybe) and then off the ship by about 10:00. Everyone has to be off so the new group can embark. You won't be able to hang out on the ship into the afternoon and head directly to the airport and get on your flight, if that's what you're hoping.

We are in the same position as we are also disembarking in Barbados in Julyand have a late flight.We have been advised that some hotels offer day passes but it would involve travel and be expensive for only a few hours. There are no luggage storage facilities at Barbados airport. Can anyone offer other advice on how to pass the time as we really do not want to sit on a beach surrounded by suitcases!

Is this one of the cruises that departs from Barbados on Fascination? That looks like a pretty normal itinerary. So I assume normal debarkation procedure. They want you out of your cabin pretty early (8:30 AM maybe) and then off the ship by about 10:00. Everyone has to be off so the new group can embark. You won't be able to hang out on the ship into the afternoon and head directly to the airport and get on your flight, if that's what you're hoping.

It actually embarks at 2 POC. I'm curious on the answer, not that I would ever do it, but will they force Barbados debarkees off as fast as they would for the Puerto Ricans?

I have resigned myself to debarkation day being totally wasted if you want to fly out that same day. You're going to be pushed off the ship early and have to twiddle your thumbs waiting for your plane. After our January Splendor trip it was too cold to do anything outside and there were a bunch of us off that ship sitting at the airport staring at each other. If you try to book an early flight you're running the risk of a delayed return making you miss your flight.