Carnival Vista Photo Review May 14-24, 2016

loupana

No need for a suit, yes I would say it is equivalent to NCL's 'Norwegian Night Out'. I left my Jacket and Tie at home for the same reason you want to...only so much we can pack...

Thanks again for the review.

We are starting to pack now for the cruise. We are spending 2 weeks around Europe before our Vista cruise so we are trying to pack lighter than we normally do.

Since we are talking about dinner attire, I want to ask if you saw men wearing jeans and dressy shirts during non formal nights.

I will definitely pack dress pants, shirt and shoes for formal nights but leave the tie and jacket. Thanks!

Thanks again for the review.

We are starting to pack now for the cruise. We are spending 2 weeks around Europe before our Vista cruise so we are trying to pack lighter than we normally do.

Since we are talking about dinner attire, I want to ask if you saw men wearing jeans and dressy shirts during non formal nights.

I will definitely pack dress pants, shirt and shoes for formal nights but leave the tie and jacket. Thanks!

Yes we did, jeans and dress shirt are good. I always wear dress pants and shirt only because they are lighter to pack.

Sounds like you are heading out on an amazing European vacation, have a wonderful time.

Unfortunately no, we took the red eye to Barcelona and right after we checked into the hotel we ventured out to tour the city. We had plans to have a nice dinner (was looking forward to Paella) but by the time we got back to our hotel after touring and being up for some 36 hours now we just couldn't go anywhere:(

ah, okay. I suspect we will be very tired that first day, too, arriving in Barcelona at 8:30 a.m. and spending the day sightseeing. I have been debating whether we should do casual tapas at the rooftop restaurant at our hotel or try to venture out for a big dinner that first night.

I've been trying to reply and view this review ever since you started. Every time I would open it on my cc app, the app would crash. So i have finally opened cc up on my computer and have finally finished this awesome review. Thank you so much for all the pics..... i have been looking forward to your review ever since you started posting in the "isn't she pretty" thread. thank you again. Great job! One quick question. Are the fire door thresholds as bad as everybody is claiming they are. ie tripping?

IOne quick question. Are the fire door thresholds as bad as everybody is claiming they are. ie tripping?

First Thank you, second YESSSS they are horrible. I can't count how many times i tripped on them. Totally forgot to mention that in the post.

If you make a deposit of 500 on a cruise and you add the insurance it raises the deposit can you add the insurance in after?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes, my PVP just tried to sell it to me again and I booked last year.

How is the layout is it like the ships that you have to go up and down or the spirit class where it's straight through

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Someone else will have to comment on this question, this was my first Carnival Ship so I have no idea.

Originally Posted by cocacola86 View Post

How is the layout is it like the ships that you have to go up and down or the spirit class where it's straight through

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Someone else will have to comment on this question, this was my first Carnival Ship so I have no idea.

On most of this class of ship you can not walk all the way through on decks 3 and 4 - all other decks are fine...however I believe on the Vista, as on the Breeze, they have 'fixed' this issue on deck 4 only and you can walk all the way thru (as there is a 'hallway' along the side of the dining room which does not exist on other ships).

For the past two nights I've skipped my exercise, not done my house chores, and stayed up going through Picture reviews. Last night it was Magic and tonight Vista. So will be rushing away from the computer in a few minutes to get my steps in before Midnight.

Thank you for posting. I'm typically a planner, 12 - 18 months. However, I just shot an email to my TA as I saw an email about an 8-day Vista cruise. Your review helped my decision to go for it. Will be my first "last-minute" trip if everything works out. Hope that also means last minute deals!

Will make a decision within the next 72 hours (hopefully) and then look for flights and start making plans. We've done a 12-day from Barcelona via NCL a few years ago with mostly different ports. So excited to get to do this as I've been wanting to get to Europe for something other than business since the value of the Euro declined a little last year...;)

Thank you again and cross your toes for me!

For the past two nights I've skipped my exercise, not done my house chores, and stayed up going through Picture reviews. Last night it was Magic and tonight Vista. So will be rushing away from the computer in a few minutes to get my steps in before Midnight.

Thank you for posting. I'm typically a planner, 12 - 18 months. However, I just shot an email to my TA as I saw an email about an 8-day Vista cruise. Your review helped my decision to go for it. Will be my first "last-minute" trip if everything works out. Hope that also means last minute deals!

Will make a decision within the next 72 hours (hopefully) and then look for flights and start making plans. We've done a 12-day from Barcelona via NCL a few years ago with mostly different ports. So excited to get to do this as I've been wanting to get to Europe for something other than business since the value of the Euro declined a little last year...;)

Thank you again and cross your toes for me!

Last minute trips as so exciting...just hope the air fare doesn't ruin it for you. Good luck and hope it all works out.

What an amazing review. Thank you so much for the beautiful photos. I'm on her in December of this year with 60 others. So very excited. Did I miss the nightclub? Is there one on this ship?

No real nightclub, there is live music and dancing in Ocean Plaza nightly and a couple of lido deck parties with a DJ, but no real nightclub...unless I completely missed something...

What an amazing review. Thank you so much for the beautiful photos. I'm on her in December of this year with 60 others. So very excited. Did I miss the nightclub? Is there one on this ship?

If it is like the Sunshine - the Liquid Lounge is a multi purpose 'room' so no fixed 'seating' on ground level - and after hours it would 'become' the night club with chairs/tables being moved to create a dance floor....wondering if it is the same on the Vista?:rolleyes:

Edited by Froufie

Something I have not seen on any other cruise I've been on, a Laundry Room. Here is the room thats on deck 6. I walked by at least 4 times to get photo's but it was always busy, finally a time no one was using it.

27211913456_6ebf1a480b_b.jpg

26971238670_b98bbf9410_b.jpg

27212325326_9fbf17ab07_b.jpg

27177279851_3294cd1f52_b.jpg

26971231380_e7e98b6134_b.jpg

27212322936_00392f14b7_b.jpg

awesome!!! im sailing on her for my anniversary in april, do you remember where on deck 6 the laundry room was??? I'm staying on this deck, thats why i ask

awesome!!! im sailing on her for my anniversary in april, do you remember where on deck 6 the laundry room was??? I'm staying on this deck, thats why i ask

Starboard side across from cabin 6347

Yes we did, jeans and dress shirt are good. I always wear dress pants and shirt only because they are lighter to pack.

Sounds like you are heading out on an amazing European vacation, have a wonderful time.

Thank you!

If I had to choose one area that could use improvement it would be the closet space, you do not have enough room for two people to hang your clothes. Don't let the picture fool you below with the mirror reflection.

26636299114_591bb87bb8_b.jpg

27173952551_038c60f0c4_b.jpg

26636295834_29f82868fc_b.jpg

Our Havana wrist bands, heard some rumours that people from the inaugural cruise are actually selling them on ebay...

27211155986_ce9cfb2efc_b.jpg

26636294094_ac48d87630_b.jpg

Just wondering what the wrist bands are for? Is it like Disney World where they are micro-chipped and get you into your room or are they just souvenirs? Just curious.

Just wondering what the wrist bands are for? Is it like Disney World where they are micro-chipped and get you into your room or are they just souvenirs? Just curious.

We stayed in a Havana Cabin, the wrist bands are for access to the Havana pool area which is restricted to Havana Cabin guests until 5PM daily. If we were not wearing our wrist bands our Sail and Sign cards had a Havana sticker on them so this would also be acceptable for access. I did not always have my wrist band on and no one ever denied me access to the Havana pool.

We stayed in a Havana Cabin, the wrist bands are for access to the Havana pool area which is restricted to Havana Cabin guests until 5PM daily. If we were not wearing our wrist bands our Sail and Sign cards had a Havana sticker on them so this would also be acceptable for access. I did not always have my wrist band on and no one ever denied me access to the Havana pool.

Oh Okay. That makes sense. Its kind of a bummer though. I loved the pictures of the Havana Pool Area but we aren't booked in that section. I was really looking forward to visiting that area but I guess I can after 5:00 pm in the afternoon.

One more question... How did you feel about the crowd level? This is the biggest ship I've ever been on and I'm worried that during the "At Sea" days we'll feel very crowded at the pools and common areas.

Thanks,

Karen