Kids and Alaska Splash Academy on NCL Pearl

usernanc

I just returned from a week to Alaska on the Norwegian Pearl with my husband and 5 year old son. I had a lot of questions prior to the trip about taking a child this age to Alaska and was unable to find much information. I am hoping if anyone else is out there like me, this will be helpful.

There were about 60 kids onboard our May 2016 Alaskan cruise. 20+ of these were in the 3-5 turtle group. I have included the Splash daily for the 3-5 age turtle group. My son also made a video about his experience so feel free to check it out

We did leave him onboard while we went to port in Juneau. We paid the $6 and the staff took him to the buffet for dinner. I was so worried that he wouldn't be enjoying himself that we rushed back after our glacier trip to get him. He was having so much fun he didn't want to leave the splash academy.

He was disappointed with the fact that he was unable to do some of the activities that the older age group was participating in especially since they seem very age appropriate for his level. He mostly only went to the splash academy in the evening after dinner. The kids were usually combined into one group toward the end of the evening to watch a movie or play WiiU (no they don't have Minecraft). With the time change we never made it past 10:30 PM and it appeared that most children were always gone before that time as well and not paying to stay for the late night fun zone.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

ImageUploadedByForums1464197485.218865.jpg.a4feb143550b321048ed8ad497d03cf8.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1464197477.552077.jpg.64c7d1aeb312c9079b09683b001a391f.jpg

Edited by usernanc

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the info and wow I'm actually surprised there were that many in his age group. My kids are afraid there won't be any kids their age, but they are 13 and 15 now so in the teen club.

Can you report on how many teenagers you noticed on your sailing?

Thank you for the info and wow I'm actually surprised there were that many in his age group. My kids are afraid there won't be any kids their age, but they are 13 and 15 now so in the teen club.

We sailed the Pearl on June 19th. Noticed a decent amount of teens. Our son is 15. He did go to the teen club a couple of times and said there were about 30 there for movie night.

T

We sailed the Pearl on June 19th. Noticed a decent amount of teens. Our son is 15. He did go to the teen club a couple of times and said there were about 30 there for movie night.

T

Thanks! That's good news.

Thanks! We're leaving Saturday on the Jewel to Alaska with our 7 year old and almost 5 year old. Glad to hear he had fun. We're from the west coast, so I expect to use the late night fun zone at least once or twice. My kids will be happy with each other and a movie so I'm not too concerned if the others don't stay as late.

I can't really read the attachments (too small) but I love the video.

There were so many teenagers on the early July cruise on the Pearl.

I hardly ever saw my DS13 and DD17 when we were not in port , they both made a large group of friends, enjoyed Dino the Entourage counselor and a lot of the the activities there, b.=ut we also gave them sign in and out privileges.

So they spent a lot of time in Spinnaker hanging out and the card room playing games.

There were so many teenagers on the early July cruise on the Pearl.

I hardly ever saw my DS13 and DD17 when we were not in port , they both made a large group of friends, enjoyed Dino the Entourage counselor and a lot of the the activities there, b.=ut we also gave them sign in and out privileges.

So they spent a lot of time in Spinnaker hanging out and the card room playing games.

That's great! Yes, we gave them sign in/sign out on our last cruise and it worked out just fine. So great when they get to this age and have freedom!