Shipping luggage

Lefty Bob

Bob......many thanks for the luggage ship tip. I'll go look at the site now.

Recently I was to disembark in Quebec City (did not because of RITA and stayed on the Pride for another week) and I filled out all the forms, etc. at the Purser's desk to ship my two pieces of luggage back home. Yes, it's expensive, but traveling solo, thru' Newark can be quite a hassle, so I'm thinking of using a luggage service in the future.

Hope all is well in Dallas!

Martita B.

Bob, yes, San Angelo is much closer but only American Eagle flyies in and out and I have flown them, but when I am going on a cruise with two VERY important pieces of luggage I always worry about my bags getting to the real airplane for my connecting flight. I have also flown the 'lit Continental plane to Houston, but again, I worry about my luggage NOT being transferred. I have friends that flew to Dallas on the 'lit "Eagle" and their luggage never made it.......soooo I really don't mind driving to San Antonio as I usually have dinner with friends, before my flight the next morning. AND I don't fret and worry about "lost luggage!"

I can not imagine just leaving home and driving straight to the airport!

MB

Oh Matt, I arrive at the ship with only two pieces of luggage! My :p clothes!! I UPS the 3 or 4 cardboard box's ahead of my arrival......of course, they are full of party decorations, favors, costumes, etc.!:rolleyes:

Can you say, "Yee Haw?"

Martita B.

Martita,

I agree that the chance is greater if you do lots of transfers. MY thought was that you could send laggage ahead through San Angelo and AA would keep you informed of it's progress. Then you could fly out of San Antonio. The important thing is you and all your goodies arrive in good shape. Happy cruising.

Bob

Archived