Millenium, Brilliance of the Sea or Grand Princess

metwo

I am celebrating my mom's 75th birthday in June 2006 by taking a 12 night Mediterrenean cruise. She likes activities such as dancing and arts and crafts on the ship. Also, nightly entertainmnent. Which is the best ship for this?

Greetings...

Although I haven't been on the Brilliance of the Seas, I have been on her sister ship the Jewel of the Seas. So all in all, I have been on all three of these ships. About this time last year, I was trying to decide which cruise experience from my in-laws (as we were taking them on a 50th-wedding anniversary cruise). They are both in their early 70's. We chose the Millennium class ship (her sister ship the Infinity as she was doing the itinerary that we wanted) because of her elegance, art, fine dining and overall cruise experience. In our experience both the Grand and the Brilliance are focused towards a younger audience... we definitely found a lot more children (we have 3 of our own and love them so no bias there). We just felt for both ourselves (in our 40's) and for our inlaws the Millennium provided the perfect cruise vacation - and it most definitely was.

We went to the shows every night (generally we rarely go to the shows, but these were so entertaining from the comedians to the production shows). As far as dancing, when we were onboard the Millennium in 2002, we danced every night into the wee hours. The dance floor has an incredible view of the ocean as you are about 14 floors up... so whether you choose to dance or gaze out at the ocean with a drink in hand... life is great. So to get to the point that I have been trying to make... our choice for our inlaws was perfect. They constantly talk about it (and they have cruised on Princess and didn't think it compared).

Oh and if you can get one of the aft facing balconies - even better!

Archived