Formal nights

We are on Navigator at the end of August and unsure what to do about formal clothes. Last time we were on a cruise not many people bothered to dress up. So now do we bother to take our formal clothes or not?

I was on Navigator last year. I would say about 70-80% of people were in formal on the formal nights. I didn't hear any negative comments directed at the people that were not wearing formal.

I would normally never wear a suit if I could help it but some how I feel more comfortable in suit on a formal night.

Bottom line is it's your holiday enjoy it.

I will note that it does seem to be an effort is made when the ship sails from the UK and presume if sailing Nav in August your going from Southampton?

When we did Anthem last year which doesn't have a formal night any more there were quite a lot of long posh dresses and tuxes on 'Royal night'

We are off on the Navigator a week Monday (:D cannot wait! ) and I'm taking my long dresses and husband is taking his Tux.

I can report back when we get home if you would like on the percentage of 'formally dressed' on board?